Y2KV's yet again..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y2KV's yet again..

Searching Ebay, it seems to me that y2kv's are getting more rare (I guess perhaps they have been for a while..), but does anybody have any idea on how hard it might be to find one? How much should I be prepared to pay?

How many here on the forums own one, and how did you get your hands on it?
    My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

If you're willing to pay a crazy 2.5k Euro, a German shop has one in Natural:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Jackson-USA-Dave-...742.m153.l1262

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
      If you're willing to pay a crazy 2.5k Euro, a German shop has one in Natural:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Jackson-USA-Dave-...742.m153.l1262
      Yup, that IS crazy..But they've had it for sale for about a year now, and they won't budge on the price...Screw 'em I say!

Comment

I think I saw one by "winenthings" on ebay. It was a beautiful black ghost flame it was BIN $2999. I don't think they ever sold it. You might be able to contact them.

I happen to love mine!!!! Has the KV2 speed neck with the medium jumbo frets. If I had the money I would buy another in a heartbeat.

Comment

It took me about three or four months to find one worth buying when I was looking.
          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I had one, i punished that guitar for 300-400 shows... it survived rotting in the trailer from minus 3 degree's to temps over 150 degree's in the desert. Neck stayed perfect... the guitar rattled real bad while playing it, it was just done... every hole was stripped and refilled, went through 5-6 bridges, lost string ferrulls in the back of the body.. it was a trooper though.

halloween

I just asked my Rep at Jackson to make me a Y2KV with the KV2t Smurfthat headstock... I was told they can't.

that guitar would be killer!
            USA Doublerhoads Custom Shop
            USA King V Custom Shop X Series

Comment

For Halloween you dressed up like slipknot?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
                It took me about three or four months to find one worth buying when I was looking.
                You ended up with a flamejob-one, right? That is one KILLER Y2! How much did you pay for it?

Comment

I think the Y2KV was probably the best jackson for you Randy...

Comment

Originally posted by MortenP View Post
                    does anybody have any idea on how hard it might be to find one? How much should I be prepared to pay?

1) Hard. Very few were made and, of those, not many come up for sale. Great guitars and, with the Gibby-shape ban, now very collectible.

2) Depending on the finish and condition, expect to pay $2 to $3k. Assuming VG to EX condition, most solids colors will go for low $2k-ish (black and plack pearl are most common), mid $2ks for trans finishes (more rare - mostly naturals and trans reds), high $2ks to $3k for graphics (rarest - I've only seen a couple).

3) I have one - got it from a fellow forum member. Actually, this is my 2nd Y2KV. I stupidly sold the first one I had. I did a few mods and a refin to suit my preferences...

Comment

Originally posted by nsubulysses View Post
                      For Halloween you dressed up like slipknot?
                      No, you can't see my chainsaw I carried around all night...

Originally posted by dangerous_dave View Post
                      I think the Y2KV was probably the best jackson for you Randy...
                      Yeah I wish Jackson would make me one...
                      USA Doublerhoads Custom Shop
                      USA King V Custom Shop X Series

Comment

Originally posted by MortenP View Post
                        I puchased mine new from DCGL.

2003 NAMM Korina

EJ

Comment

I got a mint condition black pearl that showed up on Ebay out of the blue with a buy it now of 1150 about a year ago.

Comment

I actually found one for sale on the web today, seller is asking 1900 and seems to be ok with worldwide shipping..I feel kinda tempted!!

Comment

There's one on Ebay now with a BIN of 2800 $...Has anybody seen any other Y2KV's floating around?

Comment

Working...
                              X