Question about RR1's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about RR1's

Been away for a while, had a couple kids, hadn't been to this forum in a couple years, lots of changes in the world I see. Puchasable strathead charvels again, whodathunk? Anyway, picked up a brand new RR1 Metallic black. Got for a sick price, lets just say much less than 1/4 of retail, but alas has one blem. The point on the body has a dinged tip about 1/4 inch long right on the end towards the front. It's thru to the wood, but very NOT severe. Amazing how thick the paint is on these things by the way. Flawless and plays wonderful thru my handbuilt metro plexi. Worth it to have repaired? Most of the used ones I've seen are at least this bad, if not much worse. I also notice, as this is my first Rhoads, that I bang that point on everything if I'm not real careful. Others must as well as I have seen lots and lots of similar dings on used guitars. Mine got damaged when something fell on the guitar in shipping and crushed part of the case, as it's damaged on that corner as well. What ought it to cost to have refinished? Who's good? I've thought about calling GMW, not sure if they do this sort of thing anymore and the shipping would be horrible. We got a guy here in KC that is a Martin authorized repair guy that is supposed to be able to handle it and his work is supposedly as good as you could get, but considering the apparent vulneerability, should I just chalk it up to charachter dings?

It has been a while since I owned A RR, it is impossible to keep those points nice forever. Since your guitar is black, I'd just color the wood with a permanent marker and call it good. That will help make it less noticable, and when you bang a point again just dig out the marker again. I wouldn't refinish it, especially if it's a player.

Comment

my thoughts, except that other than this ding, this thing is a solid 10 plus. it's a player, but it's perfect other than that ding. I got it for 400 bucks because I know the mgr of the unmentioned largest mail order music store in the united states, he's a good Friend, if you know what I mean. it sells as a b stock or blem for like 1600 all day long.

Comment

get it fixed. you'll still come out ahead.
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by charvel pointy head View Post
          my thoughts, except that other than this ding, this thing is a solid 10 plus. it's a player, but it's perfect other than that ding. I got it for 400 bucks because I know the mgr of the unmentioned largest mail order music store in the united states, he's a good Friend, if you know what I mean. it sells as a b stock or blem for like 1600 all day long.
          If you ever come across another deal like that send me a PM!

Comment

I suggest having it coated in Nerf.
            The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Comment

Working...
            X