Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2008 Rig of Doom!

Hey guys

I just thought I'd post here about my new rig, it's not actually done yet, and I never seem to really finish them because I move onto something else, however I can 100% say I'm happy here with the way things are sitting with this gear, I have been having issues with my Uberschall and was not able to use the loop properly, so I scored this mint Rivera K-tre and funnily enough get a closer tone to what I want with this amp! hahaha
    So I think I'm going to off the Uber, but

here is the Rack

I will be using 2 heads into this rack, one as a backup and I'll have a seperate case built for that.

the rack will also have a sliding shelf with a Lovepedal Plexi800 an rc booster, 81' Ibanez AF-201 filter and a few other pedals I'm undecided on right at the moment.

The floor controller will change from a GCpro to the new Fractal Audio MFC-101 as soon as it comes out, then the rack tuner will probably come out.

anyhow, so far it sounds good but the next round of changes will be the speakers in the cabinet, or I might just change the cabinet all together.

Anyhow I'm really diggin this and looking forward to tweaking the AXe for my effects!

C

That's a very cool rig. The Rivera Knuckle Head Tre is Paul Sr's out-n-out badass metal amp. A good friend of mine is a friend of the Riveras and has played most of the models that Rivera has ever built and he calls the Tre "the sickest Rivera ever". I hope you enjoy it for a very long time.
    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

that is an impressive rig. do you play out a lot?
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

That's pretty much the best of everything right there, man. Congrats! Now that your tone quest is done, no more excuses. Go practice!

Comment

Yeah I'm REALLY liking the K-Tre, so much that I am seriously thinking of selling the Uberschall and getting another K-tre for backup and letting that be that, My band is just finishing up the songs for our first cd, not sure when we will go into the studio, but we will probably play the hell out of the tunes first before we record.

and aron, I'm already there bro! I practice as much as humanly possible when I'm not at work or with the woman!

The tone is the easy part! it's just fuckin programming shit that is the jacked up part, I might end up getting a more capable dude to help me out with that shit!

C

Comment

Wow, now you have show us how it sounds

Comment

*bows down* I am not worthy.

Comment

Damn !! Bowing down too.... Awesome set up there...
                Post a Mp3 to the other forum of one of your songs?

Comment

I will post an mp3 and hopefully a video of the rig once I the whole thing setup!

I'm still waiting on some stuff, and will have to wire this all up, which will be the massive pain hahaha

C

Comment

keep the uber bro. Maybe someone can help ou set the levels on your FX.

Comment

I know I want to keep it! but I'm not a collector right at the moment if I have gear it's gotta be working for me ya know? so we will see, I'm not going to make any big choices until I get a few more miles on the K-Tre

C

Comment

Working...
                      X