Mogami vs. George L's opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mogami vs. George L's opinions?

I currently have all George L's running in my rack (not for guitar though) but was considering buying bulk Mogami (2524) and Switchcraft 226 right angle plugs and wanted to know if it would make that much of a difference?

I keep hearing the L's add a bit more brightness over length so I'm wondering if the Mogami's will improve anything or if I should just stick with the L's?
    07 Ibanez J Custom RG8470RS, 92 Ibanez RG770EG, 91 Ibanez RG565EG, 90 Ibanez RG550CM, 90 Jackson USA Fusion, 89 BCRich Assassin, 85 Ibanez Roadstar II RS440RV, 05 Takamine AN-10

Furman PL-8 Series II, ADA 3TM MP-1 Ultra+, Axe-FX Ultra, rack tray (Axess Elec. BS-2, DOD FX90), Roland EV-5, Dunlop 535Q18v, VHT 2/50/2, Ground Control Pro, X2 Digital XDS95 W'less, (2) Bogner Cubes

I doubt you'll hear much of a difference. L's are good cable, 2524 is good cable. I really don't hear much difference between different brands of good cable.
    ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Crooks View Post
      I doubt you'll hear much of a difference. L's are good cable, 2524 is good cable. I really don't hear much difference between different brands of good cable.
      +1
      Scott

Comment

One of the big draws to george l for pedal boards is it's easy to work with and cut to length. But sound wise you could probably flip a coin between the two.

Comment

I have Lava Cable make up assemblies for me using Mogami cable with heavy duty plugs. Their stuff is awesome. Everything is built to order by Mark and ships 1-3 days depending on the size of the order.
          http://www.lavacable.com/
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Great. Thanks for the info. Since the switchcraft jacks are on the way I thought I might as well re-wire the rack and upgrade the instrument cables as well. I should have no problem selling the L's online.

Just to clarify:

2524 = guitar, amp cabs
            2528 = rack
            07 Ibanez J Custom RG8470RS, 92 Ibanez RG770EG, 91 Ibanez RG565EG, 90 Ibanez RG550CM, 90 Jackson USA Fusion, 89 BCRich Assassin, 85 Ibanez Roadstar II RS440RV, 05 Takamine AN-10

Furman PL-8 Series II, ADA 3TM MP-1 Ultra+, Axe-FX Ultra, rack tray (Axess Elec. BS-2, DOD FX90), Roland EV-5, Dunlop 535Q18v, VHT 2/50/2, Ground Control Pro, X2 Digital XDS95 W'less, (2) Bogner Cubes

Comment

Working...
            X