Wait time for ordering a new Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait time for ordering a new Jackson

Does anyone have any idea on what the current wait time on ordering a new PC-1 is? I ordered one over the weekend from my local shop,(they could not determine a ship date as it was the weekend and unable to contact the local rep) but when I started looking on line to check on price matching, I found alot of the finish options are 2-3 months backordered. Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Not sure on a PC-1, but I ordered a DK1 at the beginning of May of this year and just got it two weeks ago.
    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

I ordered a KV2T and it arrived in just over a month. I was told by the dealer that Jackson is trying to keep a good inventory on the more popular models (don't know if the KV2T falls in that category). The dealer was also surprised at how quick mine arrived - his initial arrival date was a minimum of 2 months. Check with your dealer, mine gave me a pretty good estimate one week after he had placed the order with Jackson.

Comment

2 months flush for a KV2, ordered Oct 2007 and got it Dec 2007

I was told 2 - 4 months in the beginning, so I was pretty happy

Comment

I guess KE2's aren't popular, I waited 7.5 months.

Comment

I've been told 6+ months for my SL2H.

Comment

There is also the issue of store credit and possibly rep credit to take into consideration.

If your store or the store's regional sales rep doesn't have the credit line with Jackson to get guitars shipped out faster, then Jackson has to wait for the store/rep to pay down some of the debt from previous orders. Since most stores only ask for a percentage (usually half) of the total sale price from the customer at the time of the order, then only half of what they've ordered has been paid for.

If someone cancels their order and loses their 50% deposit, or otherwise doesn't pay it off, the store has to sell it to make up the difference in their debt with Jackson. That's not always possible.

While you would think you could just pay for yours all at once and thus not have to deal with the issue, I get the impression that it would not help your situation i.e. your money would cover the cost of those at the top of the list, and when they paid theirs off, that would cover the next ones, etc etc until yours gets paid off by the guy ahead of you.

As I said, I'm not sure if that's how it works or not. Hopefully not.

I'd get with the dealer for clairification on the issue, and see if paying for yours all at once will shorten the wait time.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The rep decided that the dealer could not special order my PC-1 unless the store ordered 6 USA Jacksons in total. So that ended my ordering a PC-1. I used my store credit to order an ESP instead. Such a shame that some of these reps feel the need to pressure dealers in ordering high priced items that are a slow mover in this area. That pretty much put an end to getting any USA Jacksons locally cause the stores in this area will not order 6 USA pieces cause they will just collect dust on the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                  There is also the issue of store credit and possibly rep credit to take into consideration.

If your store or the store's regional sales rep doesn't have the credit line with Jackson to get guitars shipped out faster, then Jackson has to wait for the store/rep to pay down some of the debt from previous orders. Since most stores only ask for a percentage (usually half) of the total sale price from the customer at the time of the order, then only half of what they've ordered has been paid for.

If someone cancels their order and loses their 50% deposit, or otherwise doesn't pay it off, the store has to sell it to make up the difference in their debt with Jackson. That's not always possible.

While you would think you could just pay for yours all at once and thus not have to deal with the issue, I get the impression that it would not help your situation i.e. your money would cover the cost of those at the top of the list, and when they paid theirs off, that would cover the next ones, etc etc until yours gets paid off by the guy ahead of you.

As I said, I'm not sure if that's how it works or not. Hopefully not.

I'd get with the dealer for clairification on the issue, and see if paying for yours all at once will shorten the wait time.
                  I did pay the balance in full at the time of the order.

Comment

Originally posted by piranhaguy2002a View Post
                    The rep decided that the dealer could not special order my PC-1 unless the store ordered 6 USA Jacksons in total. So that ended my ordering a PC-1. I used my store credit to order an ESP instead. Such a shame that some of these reps feel the need to pressure dealers in ordering high priced items that are a slow mover in this area. That pretty much put an end to getting any USA Jacksons locally cause the stores in this area will not order 6 USA pieces cause they will just collect dust on the wall.
                    Interesting. I wonder if that's a Jackson policy to get their reps to sell more product or if the rep is just making it up on his own.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                      Interesting. I wonder if that's a Jackson policy to get their reps to sell more product or if the rep is just making it up on his own.
                      Don't know. The guy at the shop said their last rep only made them order 3 USA models a year, so it's hard to say if one rep was fudging on his part or if the new rep is trying to fill his pocket book. Either way, I have a new Horizon NT-II on the way.

Comment

I ordered a trans blue RR1T in June and was told late October delivery estimate.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

trans blue RR1T

SWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET you have great taste

be sure to come back post some guitar pron when you'll have it!

Comment

Working...
                          X