Hardware swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardware swap

Last night I swapped the bridges on my DK1's, the chrome bridge went to my copperhead snakeskin finish, and the black bridge went to my burnt cherry sunburst finish. My real interest was to see what the chrome hardware would look like on the copperhead, but I really liked the look of the black bridge on the bcsb. I am torn here, I am not certain which look I like better, so can you guys give me your input on what you think looks better? I didn't swap all the hardware, just the bridges, so remember that I would probably swap everything if I did.

Also, I kept the bridge posts on their original guitars so not to mess up the setup too bad if I wanted to switch them back. Remarkably, just swapping the bridges didn't put them to far out of intonation, so minimal adjustment will need to be made.

Let me know what you think. Sorry the pic is not too great. Also, sorry it's so big...I'll make it smaller tonight.

Last edited by stevoc; 07-28-2008, 11:02 AM.
    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

I'd say leave it the way it was originally... chrome on the CS and black on the snakeskin.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Chrome doesn't look right on the snakeskin. Black looks okay on the burst, but it does make the burst look darker. I'd say swap them back.
      Scott

Comment

Yeah it doesn't look right, another vote for the original setup.

Comment

i think the black on the burst looks cheap - isn't that what they do on the jap guitars now?
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I'm starting to agree with all of you...the bridges have been returned to their original guitars, although I did like the chrome on the snakeskin. Maybe I'll need to buy a separate bridge.
            "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

I like the black on the burst personally, but the chrome on the snakeskin ew. swap the knobs too and take another pic, full body shot.

Comment

Oddly enough, I liked them both swapped.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I think both guitars would look better if you went all chrome, including knobs and pickup rings.

Comment

I think they look good. Doesn't matter what other crap people say...Personalization is a great thing~

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                      I think both guitars would look better if you went all chrome, including knobs and pickup rings.

That's my end goal and the purpose to why I removed the bridge from the bcsb...I wanted to see what the snakeskin would look like with chrome. I figured while I had them apart, I'd see if the black bridge would solve a small issue on the bcsb guitar....with the chrome bridge, the small e string sounds somewhat deadend. That problem went away with the black bridge. The deadening isn't a big deal as it can't be heard when amplified...only when you play w/o an amp. The problem did not occur on the snakeskin with the chrome hardware.

Comment

That's a weird issue - I would guess you have a slightly high fret or something on the bcsb and the black bridge raised the action just enough to make it not hit the fret.

Comment

I vote for Black on each guitar, I like the look of black on the CS guitar.

* also the Chrome Floyd appears that the High E saddle is back too far compared to the rest of the saddles, even if you compare it to the Black Floyd in the other picture.
                          I'm an eagle eye, so I thought I'd point that out.
                          Not sure if it's an issue? But I'd check into it.
                          'Howling in shadows
                          Living in a lunar spell
                          He finds his heaven
                          Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
                            * also the Chrome Floyd appears that the High E saddle is back too far compared to the rest of the saddles, even if you compare it to the Black Floyd in the other picture.
                            I'm an eagle eye, so I thought I'd point that out.
                            Not sure if it's an issue? But I'd check into it.
                            That's where it ended up to get it intonated as much as possible and lose some of the deadending sound.

Comment

Well, I didn't like the look of the black hardware on the orange dk1, so I bought chrome hardware for the copperhead. Here it is all together. I must say I am real happy about it. So, I thought I'd share...

I personally think the chrome brings out the color more. The black was just too dark. Also, the black headstock needed some brightening.

<- my daughter picked that one!

Comment

Working...
                              X