Alesis SR-18 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alesis SR-18 help

OK, so I have read the manual and still cannot figure out ow to create my own drum and bass tracks in the SR-18. The manual just isn't very clear to me. Can someone send me a quick tutorial or something to get me going?

Also, anyone know if the sr-18 has editing software?
    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Wow, they FINALLY updated the SR-16!?

Just looked one up on Ebay, and it looks nice. Might have to get me one. I loved the variety of patterns in my SR-16. I still like them, even more than the presets that come with BFD (you'd think for a $250+ acoustic drum sample setup they'd get "real" drummers - almost everything sounds like crap! Not one Swing pattern, it's all Speed Freak "Jazz")

Anyhoo, if they changed the pattern construction system from the 16, I can't help you, but just in case they kept it the same, here's how to do a Drum pattern on the SR-16.

First, select Pattern Mode, then User Mode, then press the Perform/Compose button until you see "Compose" in the screen.

Next, press the Record Setup button, then the Tempo Up button until you see "STEP MODE?" on the screen.

Press Play to enter Step Mode, where you will see the first beat of the first bar.

Hit a drum pad (or as many as you want for the first beat), then press the Tempo Up button to go to the next beat.

Depending on how your Quantization options are set (also in the Record Setup mode), you may have 8 bars or more, and each bar may be divided into any number of beats, from 8 to 99 (Quantize Off).

If you set the Quantization to Off, you can put any beat and/or drum hit anywhere. While this offers maximum customization of a pattern, it's also slow as Christmas because you have to step through EVERY SINGLE INCH of a bar.

When you're done, or when you want to check the pattern, press Play. Save it or edit it as you like.

Like I said, that's for the SR-16. Try it with the 18 and see if it's close.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
    X