Processor into PA system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Processor into PA system

Okay guys, I need to figure out a good processor for running directly into a PA system. I've been using a Digitech RP350, but feel the need for something a little more sturdy and with a tuner that actually reacts within 20 seconds! Line 6, Boss - anyone? This is mainly for live use so software editing and the like are secondary. That, plus I'm a techno-tard! Nothing too complex for my feeble mind please. Thanks!
    What has 9 arms and 10 legs? Def Leppard

ADA MP-1 preamp into a Digitech TSR-12 for effects and tone-shaping EQ.

I used to run a Digitech GSP-21 Legend straight into a P.A. board in my old band before I had an amp.
    Worked great for me, though I did have a more "processed" sound than the other guitarist who was running an amp.

That said, you might try a POD (2.0, XT, XT Live, etc).
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

DigiTech GNX4 w/Supermodels would work very well for that

Comment

Yeah, I'm thinking of trying out the POD XT Live and seeing what happens. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

POD XT/X3 Live and BOSS GT-6/8/10 are all good choices

Comment

The GSP 1101 has a speaker simulator which might help also.

Comment

The 1101 sounds amazing too but then you would have to get a separate foot controller for live use. It's a lot less "plug and play" than the BOSS and Line6 units.

Comment

I've got an older rackmount Pod Pro that rules with a PA

Comment

A shop here ran a Vox modeler (Tone Lab) into the PA for a clinic, and it sounded great. I would imagine some others would sound a bit sterile, but tube backed, preamp, units should be alright.

Comment

Pod X3 Live or Boss GT-8. Both are great and come with great factory presets so no tweaking is absolutely necessary. The GT-8 is easier to use live.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                      A shop here ran a Vox modeler (Tone Lab) into the PA for a clinic, and it sounded great. I would imagine some others would sound a bit sterile, but tube backed, preamp, units should be alright.
                      do the tubes in those things really add anything more than a pretty light and some street cred? After all, it's usually a lone 12ax7, no power tube saturation, most (if not all) of the tone generation is coming from the amp simulation onboard the unit. And most folks are recommending the GTs & Line 6s over any of the "tube preamp" units.
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                        Pod X3 Live or Boss GT-8. Both are great and come with great factory presets so no tweaking is absolutely necessary. The GT-8 is easier to use live.
                        Or go with really easy live'....the GT-10!

Comment

Picked up a PODXT live. We'll see how it works this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                            do the tubes in those things really add anything more than a pretty light and some street cred? After all, it's usually a lone 12ax7, no power tube saturation, most (if not all) of the tone generation is coming from the amp simulation onboard the unit. And most folks are recommending the GTs & Line 6s over any of the "tube preamp" units.
                            The other modelers do a lot more, and have more tweak range and presets. The Vox though is a good sounding unit. I found it pretty rich, and with better harmonics compared to the Korg Toneworks and Boss GT8 I played against it. This is where it would benefit you to run it into a PA. I think from a multi effects point though, there are better options for your money. The Vox is kind of a niche.

Comment

My vote is for the Vox Tonelab. Played one, today, and was rather impressed. Best modeler pedalboard I've heard, to date.
                              I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
                              X