Need Help to Price a Late 80's Jackson CS Dinky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help to Price a Late 80's Jackson CS Dinky

Hi all, I'm trying to help my friends at a Portland guitar repair shop determine the value of what looks to be a custom shop Jackson Dinky from the late 80's. They acquired the guitar from a woman whose husband passed away and she was giving away his guitars. The guys at the store have no idea what the guitar is worth so they asked me to find out. Plus, I'm interested in buying it so it would be nice to know what it's actually worth. The guitar has a bolt-on unfinished neck with serial number 3721 on the neckplate. The headstock is the normal pointy Jackson headstock and says 'made in USA'. The guitar has a single bridge humbucker pickup, a single volume knob, and a very old looking Floyd Rose. I've never seen a Floyd like this before. The fine tuners are not on the top...they are on the rear of the Floyd. The color of the guitar is red...very much like the Ferrari Red color they make nowadays. The most interesting feature of the guitar is that the back has '12/100' written on it and is signed by Grover Jackson. Does anyone know anything about this guitar? Based on the serial number, I guess it was made somewhere between 1987 and 1989. Sorry I don't have any pictures but I might be able to take some later and post them. Thanks for your help.

Sounds like a fairly 'normal' Jackson bolt-on (dinky or strat) from that era. From your description the trem is a Jackson JT6, and Grover signed a load of guitars during that time, so the signature is nothing unusual.

As for value, depending on condition I'd say somewhere between $600 and $800...
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
    X