Mighty white of her.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mighty white of her.....

If you'll remember from this thread, there were a couple of killer SL2H deals in a pawnshop here in Knoxville, a blue one and a white one. Well, I took the plunge today and bought the white one (the blue one already sold). White SL2H with factory Jackson case, marked down to $799.00.

I traded the USA Fusion that I bought from The Eristic on here, plus a Line 6 Flextone II that I never use. Joe, make that three of us now that couldn't get used to the "speed" neck on the Fusion.

Anyway, this guitar required less TLC than any other I've ever bought in a pawn shop, and I've bought several. Fret polish, lemon oiling the board, a string change, and a Floyd adjustment.

My camera is a piece of crap, but here's a shot:

I'm seriously thinking about getting some type of decal for it, maybe an American flag. Anyone recommend a good site for those?
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

That is seriously sweet. I work in Nashville M-F. I might pm you about how to get that blue one.

Comment

Nice axe!!!

Don, he said the Blue one sold already.
      Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
        That is seriously sweet. I work in Nashville M-F. I might pm you about how to get that blue one.
        Sorry, but you must have missed this part; the blue one is gone. I stopped seeing it there a couple of weeks ago.

But.... they said that my former Fusion will be available in 30 days. It's a real sweetie if any of you are interested. It was owned by The Eristic here and another JCF bro before him.

Comment

I wouldn't put any decals on it personally, the white looks nice as is! Congrats on a good looking Soloist.
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Nice deal!

Leave it white... Great guitar,,what the serial?

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
              Nice deal!

Leave it white... Great guitar,,what the serial?
              Thanks for asking, since I meant to ask on here and forgot.

The serial is U15970

Anyone know what year it is?

Comment

sweet deal.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                  Thanks for asking, since I meant to ask on here and forgot.

The serial is U15970

Anyone know what year it is?
                  really new is what it is, i would estimate 2003. white soloists are frickin awesome.

Comment

It looks fantastic in white. I'd leave it. Nice grab!

Comment

You got that for $799??? That's frakkin' highway robbery. Congrats.

I obviously live in the wrong area to have good stuff like this happen. Pawn shops around here have nothing but stuff like Kramer Strikers with warped necks.

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
                        You got that for $799??? That's frakkin' highway robbery. Congrats.

I obviously live in the wrong area to have good stuff like this happen. Pawn shops around here have nothing but stuff like Kramer Strikers with warped necks.
                        That's the norm around here, too. Typical cheap crap with a sticker price $100.00 higher than a new one in a music store. But every once in a while, a real deal seems to drop out of the sky. In trading the Fusion and the Flextone, I paid a difference of $373.00. It appears on the surface that I got screwed on the Fusion, but the flip side is that the Soloist was so cheap in the first place so it all balances out.

Comment

Nice lookin' geeetar!

Comment

That baby sure looks great with her pretty white. I wouldn't think of getting a decal for it as it already looks great
                            -Wouldn't it be better if you made this amp stronger and number it to 10?
                            -*Ponder* This amp goes to eleven...

Comment

The Pawn Shop doesn't have a web site does it?

Comment

Working...
                              X