Celestion G12M vs. Mojotone BV-25M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celestion G12M vs. Mojotone BV-25M

Anyone try these Mojotone 25 Watt Celestion Greenback copies (BV-25M)? Supposidly the materials of the speaker are sourced from the original manufacturer's in England (as originally sourced by Celestion) and built on American made frames and magnets, thus avoiding the complaints of the Chinese made Celestion Greenbacks.

I'm contemplating outfiting a 4 X 12 Cab with these.

Any experiences you might have is much appreciated before I pop for 4 of them at $400 bucks for a set.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Excellent speakers. Have a tad more bass than a stock GB...

Comment

Cool! Thanks for the response. I think I need to try them!
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony7 View Post
        Excellent speakers. Have a tad more bass than a stock GB...
        +1
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Hey Tim, thanks for chiming in. A tad more bass will be perfect. I'm going to use them in my Soldano slant cab that has 2 of the vintage "Soldano tweeked" Eminence Vintage 30's and 2 EVM 12L Classics (too clean, and too loud). It did have all 4 Eminence's at one time. I've been playing the SLO100, through my Marshall Greenback 4 X 12 cab and like the the tone better. With the airtight closed back of the Soldano cab, these Mojo's should be perfect.

Comment

When I had an SLO I thought it sounded best with the 70 watt Celestions in my JCM 900 4x12 slant cab.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
              When I had an SLO I thought it sounded best with the 70 watt Celestions in my JCM 900 4x12 slant cab.
              Right. You are a moron.

(yeah this is way easier)

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                Hey cool, I think I will try that! I just happen to have a Marshall JCM 800 4 X 12 Slant cab with 70 watt Celestions in it!

Comment

Working...
                X