How would this work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would this work?

Im a big Scorpions fan, and i would like Matthias Gibson sound from the 80's in my Kv2, but im not quite sure how to get it.

The Duncans can't deliver what i need, and im is just about to order some Gibson 496R and 500T humbuckers, but how will they sound in the Kv2, since it's alder and not mahagony?

Im running it through a Peavey 212 Valveking.

Any help is apreciated
    Tell me about it!

Here's a start:

Get rid of the Peavey and buy a Soldano SLO then practice a lot.

I'm a huge Matthias fan too.

http://www.matthiasjabs.de/
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

if you can't afford the soldano ,you can try some different amp modeling (but I feel it's always best to get your tone from you ,your guitar and amp ( I'm oldschool))
      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I put Dimarzios in my Jabs Warrior and it sounds great, very 80's metal. Super Distortion in the bridge and a PAF Pro in the neck. Exactly the sound I was looking for.

I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

That guitar is awesome!
          "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
          I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

I couldn't resist posting a pic as well - I'm a huge scorps fan to

Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by _koppen View Post
              Im a big Scorpions fan, and i would like Matthias Gibson sound from the 80's in my Kv2, but im not quite sure how to get it.

The Duncans can't deliver what i need, and im is just about to order some Gibson 496R and 500T humbuckers, but how will they sound in the Kv2, since it's alder and not mahagony?

Im running it through a Peavey 212 Valveking.

Any help is apreciated
              The 496R/500T were not created until 1991, and they are way too hot. Try to find out what pickups were being used by Gibson in the early 80s (could the axe have been from the 70s?).

My thoughts are T-Top pickups. You would think they are whimpy (7.6K) but the tone of my 1977 Custom is pure Classic Rock through my DSL100, clean channel with the gain dimed and the gain boost on.

Comment

Its not necessarily the SD pickups its the amp.
                Play the guitar through a Soldano 50 watter or 100 watter SLO and it will sound like a completely different guitar. If you have a friend or a near by store thats cool about scenarios like these and will let you sample it, take your guitar with you.

I lost out on a auction on e-bay earlier this year by 50 bucks, on a Soldano 50 watter. 50 bucks! I was sick at my stomach for 2 or 3 days afterwards.
                I thought I had it too but that tweeb out bid me in the last 20 seconds.
                Yes, the last 20 seconds and if the tweeb would have been next to me I would have shoved my ESP kamikazi straight up the tweebs .......!!!!!
                I was so angry about it too, can't you tell. I told my wife, I'll never again come across another fine soldano like that again. So far time has proven me right.
                Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

DUDE! Killer warior! Is it a paintjob or just electrial tape?

Hmm, still in school, an amp cant cost more than like a grand if i should be able to afford it, im thinking maybe a good Marshall can do a good job, what are you guys thinking?

Il maybe just buy myself a Ran Custom shop Explorer 90 like this:http://ranguitars.com/gal1.php?z=4
                  Tell me about it!

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Hawk View Post
                    I put Dimarzios in my Jabs Warrior and it sounds great, very 80's metal. Super Distortion in the bridge and a PAF Pro in the neck. Exactly the sound I was looking for.

As for pickups, try a '70s Gibson Dirty Fingers, PAF, or the 498T. I had a 498T in an import Kelly (alder body), and it had balls galore.
                    Last edited by Newc; 07-23-2008, 06:38 AM.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Its a refin job. I wanted an old school look, so I sent it to Beyond Custom Guitars with a pic of Jabs' Explorer. They did a good job, I think.

Originally posted by _koppen View Post
                      DUDE! Killer warior! Is it a paintjob or just electrial tape?

Hmm, still in school, an amp cant cost more than like a grand if i should be able to afford it, im thinking maybe a good Marshall can do a good job, what are you guys thinking?

Il maybe just buy myself a Ran Custom shop Explorer 90 like this:http://ranguitars.com/gal1.php?z=4
                      I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Someone told me by painting diagonal black stripes across the edges of my guitar that it would get me the desired Scorpions sound.

I am telling it works. Like that Warrior above I bet sounds dead on Scorpions tone. The sounds has nothing to do with the pickups its those black stripes man...

Comment

Working...
                        X