Mesa Subway Rocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Subway Rocket

Looks like "new amp day - Pt. 2" will be happening tomorrow! I'll be getting a Mesa Subway Rocket - and amp that I've always had on the backburner of the "I WANT" list since the first time I played one. This one is pretty cool. It's a non-reverb model, and as a tweed grill. Cool looking little amp. I'll get to pick it up tomorrow.

I'm glad I came across this as I was looking really hard at a Rocket 44 that would have cost me double!! I also took a shot at a DC-30 last week, but it had already sold.

I'll post pics when I have it up & running.

Anyone else using one of these? What are your thoughts on them? Any tips?
    Last edited by chrisolson; 07-21-2008, 10:08 AM.

Pics!! And what a cool LOUD little amp!!

Comment

Cool. I remember those. Is that the one with the 10" or the 12" speaker?
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

10"

It's a little "middy", but it's a.) a Mesa, b.) EL-84 amp, & c.) 10" speaker. But the contour channel smooths that right out. It's VERY versatile, and I can get tons of very usable sounds. I haven't had it past 2 yet - lots of power for a 20-watter...

Comment

Neat. Is there an extension speaker jack on it to go into another cab?
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I suppose if I got a connector it would be fine. But for playing in the evening at "preserve my marriage" volumes, the 10" works well enough. It sounded awesome through my Orange 212, but I sold it today.

Comment

Man, we must have similar taste, lol. I almost bought one of these on ebay this week. I have looked at just about everthing from a f100 stack to the 5:25 express 1X12. I am going to go the voodoo combo route and see if I like it. Post some clips of this when you get the chance.
              Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

I always wanted that amp back in the day. Would be interested in hearing some clips....
                ---------------------------------------------------------
                Kiesel Aries
                Charvel USA Wild Card #3
                EVH 5150 iii 50W, 1x12" EVH w/ Celestion Lynchback, Boss RV-3

Comment

Originally posted by Ripley7t View Post
                  Post some clips of this when you get the chance.
                  Ummm... Yeah, uhhhh...I...uhhh... You'll be waiting a while for that. I don't really record anything, and if you heard me play, you'd understand!

I tried out the 5:25 - I didn't like it very much. It didn't really have a "singing" quality that I expect from Mesas. I think if you hit the front end with a good pedal it might have perked my interest, but striaght in, it was a 5 minute demo - move on. The Subway Rocket isn't the most versatile amp out there, but it's got enough to get by. I get a couple great sounds out of it, and that's really all I need.

The F100 KILLS though... Why have I *just* discovered this amp?!?!
                  Last edited by chrisolson; 07-31-2008, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X