Try and find a black DK1.....geez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Try and find a black DK1.....geez

As I mentioned before, I have a 1998 black dk1 with 22 frets. I wanted to move on to a 24 fret Jackson. I tried an SL1, but couldn't really get into it, as the neck is way different than a dk1. I've since searched for a newer black dk1, and I swear, they are NOWHERE to be found. Any ideas? I called so many places, and many of these dealers called Jackson, and the response was it would take many months, as they'd have to make one to order. I didn't know a black dk1 could be so hard to find. Is the DK1 really that rare....especially a standard black finish?

There's one on eBay right now, do a search...
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I don't like what was done to it (those little switches, etc). I'm looking for new or mint used, no mods.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchfan6 View Post
        As I mentioned before, I have a 1998 black dk1 with 22 frets. I wanted to move on to a 24 fret Jackson. I tried an SL1, but couldn't really get into it, as the neck is way different than a dk1. I've since searched for a newer black dk1, and I swear, they are NOWHERE to be found. Any ideas? I called so many places, and many of these dealers called Jackson, and the response was it would take many months, as they'd have to make one to order. I didn't know a black dk1 could be so hard to find. Is the DK1 really that rare....especially a standard black finish?
        I tried to find a black 22 fret DK1 and you wouldn't believe how hard I looked. I was priced one that would have to be a custom shop with one humbucker and I immediately lost interest and moved on.
        Seems like the grass is always greener over the septic tank doesn't it?

Comment

PM sent.
          "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchfan6 View Post
            I don't like what was done to it (those little switches, etc). I'm looking for new or mint used, no mods.

You obviously didn't search well enough, must I do everything around here?
            http://cgi.ebay.com/JACKSON-DK1-USA-...QQcmdZViewItem
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Thanks,,,I didn't see this one last night. I'm checking into it.

Comment

charvel750 I also went through all the jackson searches last night just to see what you guys was talking about and it didn't show up in my search either. I'm curious what the reserve is...

Comment

Working...
                X