Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted to share this Jackson strat head design.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted to share this Jackson strat head design.

I am posting this here since some of you guys really like the way I spec out some of my custom orders. This was going to be my next custom order but since I had issues with the CS I will not be ordering this guitar.

So I thought I would share the design and maybe someone may like it and order it.

The headstock should have a see thru black flame maple. The neck should just be clear flamed maple. The fretboard is just maple with no flame or anything.

I think it would look good with a Jackson full size logo but I dont know if they allow those yet.

Here is the pic.

Shove a floyd on it and it'd be great! Still, they won't allow stratheads on a Jackson custom order, whatever size logo you want...
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
      Shove a floyd on it and it'd be great! Still, they won't allow stratheads on a Jackson custom order, whatever size logo you want...
      They still wont allow it? Remeber when they allowed the orders for like one month but they had to have the small logo. WTF?

Comment

Well, there's some 'discussion' about that - I think Phil was the only person to get an order through that wasn't a PC1. But whatever, no, they won't do them now. Other than the PC1 and the possible Adrian Smith guitar, strat heads are just for Charvels aparently...

Comment

Why not just add the license fee to the order?

Then again, if they allow it for single CS orders as long as the license fee is covered by the customer, they have to allow it for large runs from mega-bucks chain stores, and of course that's direct competition for Fender.

Nice design, btw, but I'm not feeling the stopbar/tom on a Strat. Vintage hardtail, yeah, but whatever floateth your boateth.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I was going to post it with a floyd for you guys. The reason I chose a tune o matic was so I can down tune easily. So I can go from regular to C or lower without a huge adjustment.

Hardtails I have had bad luck with tuning stability. Just wanted to put the idea out there but I knew most of you guys would have said Floyd or hard tail.

Comment

It does kinda grow on you after a while - maybe because I have an NASL with a stopbar
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                It does kinda grow on you after a while - maybe because I have an NASL with a stopbar

Thats why I want to do it, got the idea from a SL1t. All my other guitars are sitting now a days if they have a floyd or bridge otherd than a tune o matic. So I thought it would be awesome to have a strat shaped guitar with a stop bar and this idea came to life.

Who else has a strat with a Tune O Matic? No one thats who.

Comment

I've seen a few Custom Strat-shapes out there - GMW, stuff like that - but I don't think anyone makes/made on as a production model (at least not anyone of any reputable standing, and certainly no one of quality that still makes them)

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    Why not just add the license fee to the order?
                    The custom shop no longer imposes an upcharge for stratheads. It's a no cost option, now.

Comment

For Charvels only or for Jacksons as well?

Comment

Charvels only.. the only jackson w/ a strathead is the PC1.. I tried for a personal one, and was flat out told no, after kotzen tried to get it approved.
                        Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Me too Nick - sucks, especially after seeing that Jazzmaster with a strathead at NAMM...

Comment

I would do a string thru. I have thought of getting one close to that but from carvin in their triple step purple quilt with the bound body.
                            Rondo music had some strats with that set up . they were pretty hideous.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                              I was going to post it with a floyd for you guys. The reason I chose a tune o matic was so I can down tune easily. So I can go from regular to C or lower without a huge adjustment.

Hardtails I have had bad luck with tuning stability. Just wanted to put the idea out there but I knew most of you guys would have said Floyd or hard tail.
                              I've got a Fender Double Fat Strat hardtail, but I've not noticed any tuning stability. However, with the hardtail bridge, I've noticed that intonation can be a problem with lower tunings... the low E string saddle can be back all the way against the plate and the intonation will still be a little sharp.
                              I do like the TOM/stoptail setup, but it does look a little weird on the Strat, so I think the TOM/string-thru design looks better. Though, I guess if you like a little lighter string tension, that can be achieved with the stoptail in being able to raise it up higher or wrap the strings over it.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X