Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a 5150iii cab be wired like a Marshall cab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a 5150iii cab be wired like a Marshall cab?

Can it?

I want to run it in stereo like a Marshall cab is pre-wired.

I would also like your opinions on this setup. Is the 5150iii cab a good cab for this sort of thing. My rig is:

PC1
    Marshall JMP
    G Major
    Rocktron amp (50w per side at 8ohms)

Or should I just get a Marshall cab?

You can't go wrong with a Marshall cab. Why over-pay?

Comment

Agree. Get the Marshall, and save some money.
      I'm not Ron!

Comment

You guys are probably right. I just think a white cab would look sooo neato. Especially after seeing the pics in the White Marshall thread.

Comment

Sooo dirty sooo fast... Especially if you take it anywhere.

Comment

Nah. This one's staying home. No way I'd take a white cab anywhere.

Comment

I think Marshall cabs look the best...EVH cabs sound better IMO, they're the closest sound to Mesa DR cabs. I'd look at wiring the EVH in stereo, a pretty simple job. However, if all you're after is the aesthetic of a white cab rather than any quality of sound, wire the EVH in stereo and have both aesthetic and sound quality...stay away from the Marshall...

Comment

Originally posted by SEAN RAF View Post
                I think Marshall cabs look the best...EVH cabs sound better IMO, they're the closest sound to Mesa DR cabs. I'd look at wiring the EVH in stereo, a pretty simple job. However, if all you're after is the aesthetic of a white cab rather than any quality of sound, wire the EVH in stereo and have both aesthetic and sound quality...stay away from the Marshall...
                IF you *like* the DR that is...

Personally, having owned both, I'd take a Marshall any time. I don't care for the overbearing low end and "bit too strong" mids I got from my Mesa. To each their own, however. I just prefer a more "classic" sound, and the Marshall delivers. Mesa's are great for some people, but I'm just not one of them.

Comment

My brother in law has 2 EVH 3's (one white/ one black) 1/2 stacks about
                  20 feet apart in Stereo thru the GT-10! It's the bomb! Insane being inside that stereo field!

Today i was playing thru them on a PRS PS.. this might be the ultimate guitar/amp setup ever!

Comment

Can't go wrong with a Marshall cab. I would suggest looking for an old one with 75 watters in it. Fantastic.

Comment

It is funny in a way because Marshall cabs sound great with so many amps. If you think about it that is why many backlines are all Marshall....

Comment

Originally posted by Firebird V View Post
                        It is funny in a way because Marshall cabs sound great with so many amps. If you think about it that is why many backlines are all Marshall....

I agree with Chris 100%. Marshall cabs are a great choice for the vast majority of amps out there. I heard a band with a guy playing a triple recto through 2 full stack Marshall cabs. His sound was crushing.

Comment

Working...
                        X