10 years...new guitar...PC1 Mocca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 years...new guitar...PC1 Mocca

Been playing guitar for 10 years now.., I started back in the beginning of 1998 when I first borrowed my friend´s cheap Squier strat and a cheap practice amp..

Now 10 years and many guitars and amps later I´m in the process of re-building my guitar collection to be stronger and better than ever...

My first experience with the Jackson PC1 in 2000 when I played a Solar in the local musicstore it was nice but too priecy for me at the time, a few months later it went on sale for nearly half price but I decovered it to late and it was long gone. Ever since that I have wanted to pick up a PC1 but never really came cross one for a reasonable price until now as I have just scored a nice pre-Fender old school PC1 Mocca from 1998..

I always wanted the Solar but when I saw the pics of this Mocca I knew this was the one for me, I scored it for a good price since the sustainer is not working(no DC responce). That´s really not a problem since I bought this one for the look and the great tones it produces so I´m gona throw in some other pickups and use it as a normal guitar without a sustainer..

I tried to do a lot of pics to capture the quilt top since it´s more than just see-thru black it has some brown spots also...

More pics...

Comment

Comment

She's a looker for sure.
        Very nice.
        -Rick

Comment

That is what mocha should look like. The finishes - and, too often, the quilt tops - on the new ones pale in comparison.

Killer guitar. Congrats.

Comment

That has to be THE nicest maple necks I have ever seen. What a beautiful guitar. Mind telling us what you paid?

Comment

Thanks guys!

I paid 1700 EUR at a music store for this used PC1 with a non functional sustainer, it has a few minor scratches but considered that it´s 10 years old it´s in excellent condition.., I bought it for the look and the great tones well knowing that I´m gonna swap the pickups...

Comment

The quilting on the fretboard is sick! One of the prettiest necks I have ever seen.
                1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                Jackson SLATQH
                Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
                Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
                Jackson DKMGT (project)
                Kramer Focus 1000
                Ibanez SDGR Bass
                Ovation Celebrity
                Martin Backpacker

Comment

I imagine a few JCF'ers would love to get their hands on that DOA sustainer unit if it ever went up for sale......

Killer top as well BTW!!!!!

Comment

WOW look amazing! mocha is my fav. PC1 finish, and the finger board and neck look awesome . congrats on that beauty

Comment

That fretboard has me seriously lusting. Care to part it out and sell me the neck?
                      Last edited by Tonelover; 07-16-2008, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vklobucar View Post
                        I imagine a few JCF'ers would love to get their hands on that DOA sustainer unit if it ever went up for sale......
                        Shh... I already PM'd him.
                        -Rick

Comment

he he easy now.., it will never happen that I sell the parts anyway I do know their value, even if I do swap the pickups I will keep the sustainer in case I change my mind and want to use it later on(get it fixed).

Anyway Rjohnstone was first out so should I change my mind and sell the parts then he gets the first chance...

Thanks for the kind words, yes the fretboard is quite special it´s first time I have seen a maple board with this kind of quilt myself, maybe the people at Jackson thought that the lack of a see true body finish at the back should be compensated with a gorgeous quilt finger board...

Comment

Amazing! nice fiddle!

Comment

Very cool. Love that fingerboard.
                              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X