Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SL2H neck through to DK1 bolt on transition (neck heel?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL2H neck through to DK1 bolt on transition (neck heel?)

I rely heavily on my Soloists now. But am interested in picking up a DK1. But there aren't any around here so I might have to order one. Is the bolt on heel a pain for anyone here? I find when I play my old Iby's compared to my Soloists, that the neck heel on the Iby's is in my way when playing leads. Would the DK1 pose the same issue? Just curious as to what others think.

Having two DK1's and having only played a SL3 once, I can say that access to the upper frets on the soloist is much easier than the dk1. The heel of the dk1, however, doesn't bother me much.
    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

The heel on the DK's are quite similar to those old Ibanez neck joints, right?

So if the neck heel is in the way on the old Ibanez (non-AANJ), I'd bet it would be in the way on a DK1.
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

When I first saw the thread, I thought you were going to saw the neck of a soloist and try to place a bolt-on neck by carving an heel.

Seriously.
        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
          The heel on the DK's are quite similar to those old Ibanez neck joints, right?

So if the neck heel is in the way on the old Ibanez (non-AANJ), I'd bet it would be in the way on a DK1.

Yeah, I'm betting you're correct. Because the late 80's Ibanez RG's were rip-offs/copies of the DK1. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
            When I first saw the thread, I thought you were going to saw the neck of a soloist and try to place a bolt-on neck by carving an heel.

Seriously.
            :ROTF: After re-reading my subject I get it :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by ezbprimerib View Post
              Yeah, I'm betting you're correct. Because the late 80's Ibanez RG's were rip-offs/copies of the DK1. Thanks for the input.
              Maybe a copy of the Dinky, but the original DK1 designation didn't come around until 1996, was 22 frets and H/S/S Duncans. It was discontinued. http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=55&pos=8

The DK1 didn't come around again until 2002 when it got the H/H EMGs and 24 frets.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post

Seriously.
                You're not alone, I thought the exact same thing! I thought maybe the neck broke off and he was considering turning it into a bolt on
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

+1.

lol.

Comment

I also thought there was going to be some serious punishable guitar offenses going on with sawing off necks and trying to attach others...oh man. :O relief...

Comment

me too, I already had 9 and 1 dialed on the phone....
                      Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Working...
                      X