Rising Sun / Japanese artwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rising Sun / Japanese artwork

Hey, I got bored and grabbed some paint brushes. I figured my SL1 could use some spicing up, so here's what I did.

This is the SL1 that back in the winter I was looking for info on - she in a one off or small run with a mahogany body and an R serial number, rather than U, from 2004.

For the Japanese, I went with "music is life"

Who else has similar graphics, and what does your Japanese say? I'd love to see other example in this style.

dave

I bet most people with those have no idea what they say!

Comment

The Warren deMartini Bomber graphic says "London".

Technically, it says "Rondon" (no, I'm not making a joke), but it means London.

- E.
      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Man, you did a great job! Looks perfect.. I need to get one of
        these rising sun graphics someday...heck i have the swords for it..

Comment

What's that second kanji? Should music be like this: 音楽 (ongaku) ?

Anyway, nice work!
          "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Well, I'm no Japanese translator. I did some online searching for "music is life" translation, and this is what I kept getting, so I felt pretty confident. I actually found two translators discussing this exact phase. They were discussing tattoos, and incorrect characters in them, lol. But they both felt this example was correct enough, as "music is life" is basically and abstract concept. I think they were saying it could also be looked at as "the life in music", or something like that.

I do often wonder if people are walking around with really stupid and incorrect Japanese tats, as well as nonsensical stuff on their guitars.

dave

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
              The Warren deMartini Bomber graphic says "London".

Technically, it says "Rondon" (no, I'm not making a joke), but it means London.

- E.

Cause there's no L in japanese!

It's very fun to see them trying to pronounce the words which have L in them. (especially when it's your Japanese class teacher)

Priceless
              I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Here's my Charvel Journeyman. It says "Peace"

Comment

I'm not sure what is nicer looking...your Charvel, or your lawn... Beautiful photo!

Comment

Originally posted by fusioncore View Post
                    I'm not sure what is nicer looking...your Charvel, or your lawn... Beautiful photo!
                    LOL. Thanks for both compliments.

Comment

Great job on that, it looks awesome
                      I've dicked around with ideas like that in the generator on RR's, but more abstract than classical styling, like that. well, i'll dig up....here a sec.....

Just some tiny piece of someones art jpeg positioned around, i made a bunch of random shit just looking for some kind of movement, or spark of an idea, then take it from there.
                      This one kinda looks like a bug hit a windshield

Comment

Heres mine, No idea what it says. Translation much apreciated

Comment

Originally posted by fusioncore View Post
                          Well, I'm no Japanese translator. I did some online searching for "music is life" translation, and this is what I kept getting, so I felt pretty confident. I actually found two translators discussing this exact phase. They were discussing tattoos, and incorrect characters in them, lol. But they both felt this example was correct enough, as "music is life" is basically and abstract concept. I think they were saying it could also be looked at as "the life in music", or something like that.

I do often wonder if people are walking around with really stupid and incorrect Japanese tats, as well as nonsensical stuff on their guitars.

dave

I am chinese. that 4 words are like CHINESE words more than japanese.
                          Last edited by hellying; 07-28-2008, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by salmonella View Post
                            Heres mine, No idea what it says. Translation much apreciated
                            sure, it says "give your guitar too me"

p.m. me and i will send you my address.......

your welcome
                            jon

Comment

Originally posted by hellying View Post
                              I am chinese. that 4 words are like CHINESE words more than japanese.
                              im not chinese but im studying im pretty sure thats chinese. the second caracter is different in japanese.

Comment

Working...
                              X