change the neck of DK1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• change the neck of DK1

Hi, I have a usa jackson dk1 model, but the neck has a problem, many luthiers saw it and say it can not be repaired. Where can I find a dk-1 neck for my guitar? Does jackson sell this part alone?

and there is a usa jackson fusion neck on e-bay, I know those necks are shorter, but is there a possibilty that a dk1 body and a fusion neck match without intonation problem?

thanks

Jackson (or rather, Fender) will not sell you a DK1 neck or any neck for that matter. Take the guitar back to your dealer, they'll send the guitar off. Assuming the neck is fucked, they'll replace it or offer you another whole DK1 under warranty. Don't bother with another body's neck off ebay. Chances are it might not fit, thus, not intonate properly.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

That fusion neck on ebay will not work with your DK1. You wont be able to inntonate properly . I agree to send the guitar back.

Comment

it is a pre-fender DK1 and there is no proof that I actually bought the guitar. I guess in that case I have to find an original dk1 neck from somewhere else..

Comment

What is wrong with it?

Comment

warped neck situation

Comment

Will a shop not do it chargeable / out of warranty?
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

was it left in extreme heat (inside a car on a smokin' hot day with the windows up?)? usually something really bad has to happen to them to put a neck beyond repair. Especially a bolt on neck.

Comment

I've had a Fusion Pro neck (24 3/4" scale) on a PS6T Kelly body (25 1/2" scale). It intonated perfectly.

I think as long as you get a 24 fret neck with a 24 fret body, or 22 and 22, it should work.

But don't quote me on it.

Comment

A Fusion neck will work, as the Fusion's necks were normal scale necks IIRC.

Comment

It was not left in an extreme heat, but 0.11-0.52 strings were used for a few weeks, I guess this set was heavy for the neck of the guitar, the neck is a one piece birdseye maple neck with birdseye maple fretboard. I'm ready to pay the cost of the repair if someone is able to repair it, but no luthier has ever accepted yet.

CharvelRocker, are you sur,e a fusion neck will work? the scales are different and many people agree that there will be intonation problems.

Comment

Originally posted by night_slash View Post
                        It was not left in an extreme heat, but 0.11-0.52 strings were used for a few weeks, I guess this set was heavy for the neck of the guitar, the neck is a one piece birdseye maple neck with birdseye maple fretboard. I'm ready to pay the cost of the repair if someone is able to repair it, but no luthier has ever accepted yet.

CharvelRocker, are you sur,e a fusion neck will work? the scales are different and many people agree that there will be intonation problems.
                        I always thought the Fusion's had regular scale necks, as it came up here one time.

EDIT: Did some digging; Tekky mentioned awhile they are normal short scale necks, so that is the deal with that.
                        Last edited by CharvelRocker; 07-15-2008, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Matching number of fret won't work there, you will have to move the bridge to intonate properly if the scales are different.

Contact nienturi through gp and I'm sure he may help you with the original neck.

Comment

Read again people.

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                            I've had a Fusion Pro neck (24 3/4" scale) on a PS6T Kelly body (25 1/2" scale). It intonated perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by night_slash View Post
                              the neck is a one piece birdseye maple neck with birdseye maple fretboard.
                              Dude,

That does NOT sound like a DK-1 neck. Was it a custom DK-1?

Comment

Working...
                              X