Marshall Vintage Modern clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall Vintage Modern clip

I stumbled across this clip of some guy jamming on a Marshall Vintage Modern, and I was impressed. (I notice he does have what appears to be a Boss OD and Boss SD1, both of which appear to have their LEDs lit when the camera pans over them, before he starts playing).

Would anyone who has tried this amp out care to share your opinions? I thought it was lacking in gain, but it sounds like it has plenty of gain in this clip, IMO. Do you think that's the amp's gain we're hearing, or is the OD or SD activated?

I am always searching for a great DLR-era VH sound. I thought the ticket would be a Splawn or maybe the new EVH 5150 III, but now I'm thinking maybe this would be a candidate.

Link??

Comment

Click on the words "this clip" in the first sentence.

That was good. Dude can play. He's definitely got the sounds down.
      G.

Comment

AH!! It doesn't show up as any different from the rest of the text on my computer - thanks!

Comment

What's the name of that Petrucci thing he is playing at 1.25? I recognise it but can't remember what it is.

Comment

Paul Gilbert's using the Vintage Moderns now. I'd quite like to try one, though I've heard from some guys they're not that good.
            Why so serious?

Comment

The tone sounds good.

Comment

The Vintage Modern sounds really good. But it's a single channel amp. If ya need one amp to do several things at the flip of a footswitch. This amp wont do it. You need to adjust the knobs to go from clean to dirty and back. Even with the ftsw in place.
                But it does sound really good.
                Gil

Comment

Nice vid. Thanks for sharing!
                  JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                  Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                    The Vintage Modern sounds really good. But it's a single channel amp. If ya need one amp to do several things at the flip of a footswitch. This amp wont do it. You need to adjust the knobs to go from clean to dirty and back. Even with the ftsw in place.
                    But it does sound really good.
                    Gil
                    I go back and forth on this amp. However, the single channel thing can be worked around, to an extent. I play a Laney AOR and built a volume cut box. When I wanna go clean, I turn the AOR option off as well as engage the volume cut This works like rolling back on the guitar's volume, but is consistant. Would work well with the Vintage Modern, too, I'm guessing.
                    I'm not Ron!

Comment

just roll the volume knob down a bit when you change over to the clean channel. thats how it's been done for years.
                      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
                        (I notice he does have what appears to be a Boss OD and Boss SD1, both of which appear to have their LEDs lit when the camera pans over them, before he starts playing).

Looks like an SD-1 and a DS-1.
                        "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

You're right. Thanks. I'm not up on my Boss names. Doesn't it look like both of them are turned on when the camera pans across them? It would be nice if I could get an amp that would sound like that by itself.

Comment

I thought this sounded very good. I have to say, the DSL that I had responded very well to the volume knob on the guitar, and if this amp is similar, you could make it work for the clean/dirty thing without switching channels. Too bad the Soldano Avenger isn't like that...

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
                              the DSL that I had responded very well to the volume knob on the guitar, and if this amp is similar, you could make it work for the clean/dirty thing without switching channels.
                              Confirmed! From a DSL50 user. And I use mine as a one channel amp all the time... Sometimes it is the green channel boosted or sometimes the red channel... Don't laugh... But I prefer how the DSL sounds when the volume is rolled down on my guitar compared to using only the clean channel.
                              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
                              X