New Fender Princeton Reverb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Fender Princeton Reverb

Has anyone had a chance to play the new reissue? From some clips and video on the Fender site, it sounds like a great little amp. I'm looking for a little Fender tube amp with reverb for blues and rockabilly stuff. It's a 15 Watter for the bedroom. I'm going to see if I can locate one this week for a test drive. I had a 1978 Princeton Reverb Silver Face that I bought new in '78 and didn't really bond with it, although I had that sucker for 10 years.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

I tried one last week. I decided to go with a Blues Junior instead because it has a master volume. The Princeton sounds real nice but you have to turn the volume up a ways to get overdrive and at even 1/3 of the way up you are past bedroom levels. Fender would have got it right if they had taken the Princeton recording amp and just got rid of the built in overdrive and compressor but kept the attenuator I think.

Comment

Ah yes, the Master volume on the Blues Jr.. That is a good point. The guy on the Fender site had his Princeton pegged at 10, but was on a empty night club stage. I thought about the Jr. I haven't played that one yet, although the reviews are excellent, and it's less expensive to boot. I know folks have mentioned the Pro Jr. here on JCF, but I really need the Reverb. I can do without the Tremolo stuff.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Well.... I ordered a Princeton Reverb after extensive research. I was looking for a "clean" Fender blackface sound without the tweed Bassman tone of the Blues Junior. (Not, that it's undesirable). I just want the clean with a good reverb and tremolo in a small package. So, I'll post a review when it gets and and spend some time with it. It better be good for a $900 15W, 10" speaker amp!

Comment

Working...
        X