My newest acquisition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My newest acquisition

Just got myself a 2006 RR1. Payed $800 for her... Reason for this being a crack between the neck and fretboard at 1st to 3rd fret. Got her glued up and good to go now though, so she's almost as good as new!

I'm thinking of putting zebra BKP's in there... Nailbombs, probably. I think zebra (black/cream) pup's would look killer!

$800 is a great deal if all it was was a simple glue repair. What was the reason for the crack in the first place on a guitar that new? Nailbombs for pickups, I've heard nothing but good news about Bare Knuckles pickups but have yet to hear them in person unfotunately. Congrats on that Rhoads!
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Not sure what caused the crack, it wasn't the dude I bought it from that made it... He had a luthier look at it, and so did i, and they said it wouldn't affect playability at all. Neck is straight as a line.
      Yeah, the BKP pickups are awesome, I had one in my Caparison a year ago! I'm also thinking about getting black brushed anodize aluminum trussrod cover, and pickup rings for her... Time will show! Right now, I can't wait for the glue to dry properly, so I can put her together!

Comment

Here she is... Damnit that LP looks yellow on that picture!

Comment

awesome guitar man, and nice score. I got my 98 black rr1 for $1100 I believe. awesome guitars man, enjoy it

Comment

beautiful guitar man

Comment

There's a dead body on the floor and it's turned yellow.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                There's a dead body on the floor and it's turned yellow.
                I just un-decapitated it (is that even a word? lol), so the maple neck is back on

Comment

Wow. 2006 RR1 just for $800?
                  1991 Jackson Soloist SL1 Don't Smoke
                  2006 Jackson Dinky DK2S Trans Black
                  1994 BC Rich Warlock USA 'Special Run Model by Bernardo C Rico'

Comment

Originally posted by Reef View Post
                    Wow. 2006 RR1 just for $800?
                    Correcto! Ka-ching

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_88 View Post
                      I just un-decapitated it (is that even a word? lol), so the maple neck is back on
                      Maybe the word you're looking for is recapitated if that's actually a word. Well if it isn't it is now!

Nice RR by the way!
                      "Dear Dr. Bill,
                      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Working...
                      X