Found String Answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found String Answer

Hey, I posted a question about strings for my 2006 RR1.
    Well, I bought an amp stand for my Line 6 SpiderValve.
    Wow, what a difference in sound. I was amazed. That RR1 sounds awesome with the DR's I currently have on it.
    Goes to show all the different variables that affect tone.
    Thanks for all your replies from my prior post.
    Steve M.

What kind of DR's? I personally use the coated strings but I've heard they're all really good.
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Smichener View Post
      Hey, I posted a question about strings for my 2006 RR1.
      Well, I bought an amp stand for my Line 6 SpiderValve.
      Wow, what a difference in sound. I was amazed. That RR1 sounds awesome with the DR's I currently have on it.
      Goes to show all the different variables that affect tone.
      Thanks for all your replies from my prior post.
      Steve M.
      Yes, if you keep your amp on the floor, you'll hear more of the bass frequencies. Keeping it on a chair or stand will redirect the sound more towards your ears and you'll hear the treble a little better. You'll also hear differences when standing in front of your amp or off to the side.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Yes, if you keep your amp on the floor, you'll hear more of the bass frequencies. Keeping it on a chair or stand will redirect the sound more towards your ears and you'll hear the treble a little better. You'll also hear differences when standing in front of your amp or off to the side.
        I just put something under the front of my amp to prop it up. Almost made myself an amp stand but never got around to it

Comment

They make these great amp stands. Standback I think they're called. They're awesome for a combo when You're self-monitoring, really direct the sound into Your face.
          - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

When I had combos I just put them up on a chair

Comment

Working...
            X