Dk1 custom shop question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dk1 custom shop question

Hey guys, since i found out today that they never made production model dk1s with just one humbucker, im considering ordering one. i know it matters alot what kinda specs you want but could anyone give me a base ballpark price to expect. ive never ordered a custom shop so any info i could get would be awesome.
    dk-1 pile of skulls
    dk-2m white
    dkmg- black forest
    rr-1 black w/gold pins
    charvel custom white w/bloodsplatter strat
    p.o.s. randall halfstack
    peavey 5150

You would have to ask a dealer for a price. And unless you're going for non-standard inlays and/or a fancy paintjob not already on the Select list, you may as well just buy a regular DK1. It would be annoying to pay more $ for something that has less hardware (only 1 humbucker).
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I have the CS quote sheets back at home, but I don't have them here with me - I think a CS dinky starts at $3600 list before discount. So if you just want a std colour, std neck, Floyd etc etc, then take whatever store discount you can get off that figure and that'll give you a ballpark....
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

ive heard that before about paying more for less equipment on a guitar. to many it sounds kinda stupid but i guess to get what i want ill have to pay the price. i actually want a solid finish top in green, with a maple board with body matching sharkies, reverse headstock color matching, a floyd and a duncan jb. its not to extravagent of a guitar i dont think but i know it will cost me.
        dk-1 pile of skulls
        dk-2m white
        dkmg- black forest
        rr-1 black w/gold pins
        p.o.s. randall halfstack
        peavey 5150

Comment

IMO those changes are big enough to warrant the Custom Shop price (maple board, matching sharkies, reverse head AND the single pickup).

The one that gets me is people ordering what amounts to a production model with something simple like a different switch or just a reverse headstock - waste of cash for just one minor change like that.

That said, expect to pay at least around $2000, maybe more, maybe less.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

the way i look at it is if i can get a custom dk1 the way i want it for about the price of a dk1 with say a nebula or graveyard graphic that is standard, its worth it. i agree about the whole production model with a minor change thing. my buddy did that and payed alot for it. then another buddy just had the local shope install a extract switch for 60 bucks. now they both have the same guitar, just one payed alot less
            dk-1 pile of skulls
            dk-2m white
            dkmg- black forest
            rr-1 black w/gold pins
            p.o.s. randall halfstack
            peavey 5150

Comment

Well, dealer prices will vary. A DK1 from Musician's Friend will usually be priced higher than a smaller dealer. MF puts theirs at full MSRP most of the time, or give you a whopping $100 off MSRP and call it a sale.

Draw up the specs (woods, etc) and send it to one of the dealers listed in the link at the top of the page here and see what comes back.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

just emailed my custom shop form over to matts for a quote. ill be happy just as long as its not 5 grand. whats the normal build time like on custom shops anymore?
                dk-1 pile of skulls
                dk-2m white
                dkmg- black forest
                rr-1 black w/gold pins
                p.o.s. randall halfstack
                peavey 5150

Comment

Working...
                X