Is the pocket POD decent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the pocket POD decent?

I need a headphone set up that is real portable and sounds pretty good?
    is this thing tweakable?
    i hate factory presets
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

I like mine.

Haven't tried to tweak it at all.

That being said, I dropped mine and it now crackles a bit. Not the most durable product in the world.

Comment

i have one. compared to the shit we had to use 20 years ago it's really good.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by danastas View Post
        I like mine.

Haven't tried to tweak it at all.

That being said, I dropped mine and it now crackles a bit. Not the most durable product in the world.
        yeah it looks very fragile
        how is the high gain and what model phones do you use with it?
        If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

I use akg on my pod 2. the look like 140 but are older and gold.
          no sig.....

Comment

One thing I was disappointed to find out about it is that it isn't the pod modelling engine. This means you can't use Gearbox to create new presets or use model packs you may already have for Pod/Toneport devices.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
              One thing I was disappointed to find out about it is that it isn't the pod modelling engine. This means you can't use Gearbox to create new presets or use model packs you may already have for Pod/Toneport devices.
              how does it sound though?

Comment

I didn't check it out myself because of those issue so I can't comment on the sound personally but the line-6 website has videos with some samples of the sounds.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

It's okay to take to a gig for worming up and tuning up...I don't use it at home at all...I thought I would but...I also find it quite awkward navigating and making/saving tones.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Originally posted by savage View Post
                    yeah it looks very fragile
                    how is the high gain and what model phones do you use with it?
                    Great High Gain. I have it on GunsNRoses and a few others mostly.

Terrible cleans.

I use my old Sony Walkman disc player phones, no hi-tech.

Trust me, it wouldn't improve the sound. But I've had a pocket modeller for many years now (I had the Rockman in the 80s) and this thing is the best I've tried.

Comment

I got a Vox Amplug for Father's Day, and dig it. Got the Classic Rock version, and gives a decent Marshall-esque vibe. Great for AC/DC on lower gain settings. I'd really like to try the AC30 version, next.
                      I'm not Ron!

Comment

I've tried out that and the korg pandora px5 and thought the korg sounded better. It was more money but I thought the tones sounded better. The cleans on the pocket pod weren't all that good. The korg was a little easier to use and had some built in drum patterns. It seemed like a really nice practice or portable device. I used some headphones the store had, same pair on both but I don't know what they were.

Comment

The Pocket Pod is a great toy. But that says it really - awesome toy though.
                          - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

The presets are horrible, but it is tweakable and fairly easy to create your own patches and they sound pretty good for what it is, even the clean modes, if you spend a bit of time with it.

It is however very light and VERY cheaply built, which means that if you place it on a desk, the weight of the guitar cable will pull it down.
                            It happened to me, and now the "bank up" switch doesn't work anymore.

Comment

I have one, it's alright. Got some nice cleans, high gain stuff is either mushy or buzzy, lower gain bluesy stuff just flat out sucks.

For the price, it's a good toy and useful for silent practising.
                              Why so serious?

Comment

Working...
                              X