Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on the G-Force?

Hey all,
    Been reading through some of the old threads, but just wanted to know what everyone thought of the G-Force? I'm thinking about taking the plunge to get one and beginning my rack arsenal haha. I'm currently running a Mesa 2-channel triple rectifier and a whole bunch of pedals, but am getting tired of the tap dancing! I've just been reading that the G-force is a great unit if you can afford it, etc. Any love for it?

I have a couple friends who are gigging with them and they swear by them -- and they can afford/use anything.

Comment

If you're confined by a budget, the G-Major is a good alternative. Been using one for years with no issues and works great live with the relay switch to switch amp channels.

Comment

I have the G-Force and love it. If you can afford it, it's a great box.
        ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

I have the G-Force too, and I love it too!. The effects are excellent.

And with my MIDI footcontroller I can change my amp channel and volume and my G-Force preset with one tap.

In my opinion, if money is not a problem, it's an excellent option.
          DARK METAL

Comment

G Force is top notch!!
            CURRENT GEAR SET UP
            2005 JACKSON SOLOIST
            1989 JACKSON KING V
            1984 JACKSON RR
            AXE FX II
            MESA BOOGIE 2:90
            DMC GROUND CONTROL PRO
            FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER
            (2) MESA BOOGIE 4X12 RECTO CABINETS
            (2) MESA BOOGIE 2X12 RECTO CABINETS

Comment

I've always wanted to try a G-Force myself, but they're hard too find over here and quite expensive in comparison to a lot of guitar FX available.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Here are some more options. If you like the pedals you have now, you can always put them in a rack drawer and control them with something like a Ground Control Pro and GCX Switcher. I did that with some of my pedals which I run with a Randall RM100. It allows you to turn on/off an array of pedal combos with one switch stomp. This same setup would not work well in the loop of my Bogner Uberschall so with that amp I use a G-Major which works well in its loop.
                If you are considering a G-Force, which is a pretty nice unit not trying to take anything away from it, but you might want to consider Fractal Audio's Axe Fx It has just about everything you can think of in it plus you can run it direct to a PA system without an amp if you want and sounds killer! Check it out
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

If you are a steady gigging or touring musician its worth every penny.

Comment

I went ahead and ordered one!!!!

Comment

I had one and it worked great. Better build quality than the G-major which has issues.

You should be able to find a used mint one for around $1K. Great effects but support is a headache with TC.

If price is not an object check out the Axe FX Ultra. I sold my G-Force for one and it blows it away. On par with Eventide stuff.

BTW, there is a Yahoo group run by a bloke in the UK named Simeon. He helped me out a lot with getting cool sounds and working with the matrix's in the G-Force. That is the key to great patches, the matrix. Hit him up if you need any help.
                      07 Ibanez J Custom RG8470RS, 92 Ibanez RG770EG, 91 Ibanez RG565EG, 90 Ibanez RG550CM, 90 Jackson USA Fusion, 89 BCRich Assassin, 85 Ibanez Roadstar II RS440RV, 05 Takamine AN-10

Furman PL-8 Series II, ADA 3TM MP-1 Ultra+, Axe-FX Ultra, rack tray (Axess Elec. BS-2, DOD FX90), Roland EV-5, Dunlop 535Q18v, VHT 2/50/2, Ground Control Pro, X2 Digital XDS95 W'less, (2) Bogner Cubes

Comment

Originally posted by finstah View Post
                        If price is not an object check out the Axe FX Ultra
                        You know, I've been contemplating one of these. I love my old G-major's and I"ve never had a problem with them. But there is so much more to the Axe FX stuff. And they are made in the USofA. Might be next on the GAS list

Comment

Not everyone digs the amp sims but I use mine in conjunction with my 2/50/2. I just setup my rig with 2 Bogner 112's last night and I was in tonal bliss. Unreal. The effects are killer and the firmware updates come every few months. Great tips at the Axe forum and great user patches to play with and learn from.

Even if you get one and don't like it you will have absolutely no problem selling it.
                          07 Ibanez J Custom RG8470RS, 92 Ibanez RG770EG, 91 Ibanez RG565EG, 90 Ibanez RG550CM, 90 Jackson USA Fusion, 89 BCRich Assassin, 85 Ibanez Roadstar II RS440RV, 05 Takamine AN-10

Furman PL-8 Series II, ADA 3TM MP-1 Ultra+, Axe-FX Ultra, rack tray (Axess Elec. BS-2, DOD FX90), Roland EV-5, Dunlop 535Q18v, VHT 2/50/2, Ground Control Pro, X2 Digital XDS95 W'less, (2) Bogner Cubes

Comment

Working...
                          X