new toy - pod 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new toy - pod 2

i borrowed a pod 2 b4 xmas and well it was ok. After a couple of months having no amp for my living room i decided to give a mini pod a punt. My local music shop (Rowlands music in Swansea. Big thanx to Gav) had a mini pod for £75 and a pull pod 2 for £70. Got some discount and got the pod 2 for £60.

Dam its good when you have a manual. Cab selection makes all the difference. Lots more boom, very happy. Ive not done enough editing yet but to me i think it lacks a real mental ott metal sound so i may get my old boss turbo overdrive out and maybe now a pedal to run it.

Generally very happy adn now i can play in my living room with out disturbing the cat,
    no sig.....

Nice one soudns likea good price, can you get a software upgrade for that like you can the XT?

Might be worth it dunno....

I'm definately contemplating an X3 for silient practise and recording in the next few months...

Comment

Have fun!

BTW, The Line 6 Insane model is really OTT - cab it up with a G12T75 or V30 cabinet, and there really is no more gain to be had...
      - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

ozz im in swansea where are you?
        no sig.....

Comment

Yeah - the Insane model will get you into metal territory - by about 9:00 on the gain dial!! The Triple Rec is pretty heavy, as is the 2nd channel on the Modern High Gain. If you can't find something metal enough in the POD 2.0, you must eat Kerry King for breakfast.

Also, FWIW -- I usually shut the cab sims OFF if I'm using it through a power amp & cab. It takes away the "woofiness" inherent in L6 stuff.
          Last edited by chrisolson; 07-07-2008, 02:53 PM.

Comment

I bought a POD 2.0 over a year ago but never really used it. Can you use it for recording into the computer?
            If so, got any recording programs you could recommend me?

Or is that just the newer PODs?

Comment

I got my rg470 out and tuned it b to b by losing the height e and adding a n extra wound string.

me and the pod are sounding like hell now.... cheers for the advice.

The pod will go into a pc with a good sound card. Pro tools is king of the recording software imo. Never used cake walk but I hear its good. I like to use a little mixer when plugging any thing into a pc. Makes life easier.
              no sig.....

Comment

Nice one bet that RG's sounding very beefy...

Im near bridgend btw...

Comment

year the rg and model 2 sound better than my explorer. It could do with a strung change though.

I work in waterton industrial estate in Bridgend.
                  no sig.....

Comment

Working...
                  X