I've been checking out the RR1's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been checking out the RR1's

The RR1's are a killer metal looking guitar imo.
    I thinking about a black one.
    Anyone own one? How's the action (plays smooth)?
    The stock pickups okay for metal's standard of the eighties to present day?
    Does it do a clean chorus fairly decent?
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

I'm happy with mine. My RR1 is completely stock and Black with Gold pins. My RR1T, I dropped some EMG's in. Both are very versatile IMO. Chorus, as in effects, clean? No problems there.

Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I dig my RR1T. I love the Jazz in the neck, but never been a real big fan of the JB. The JB was okay, worked well for all kinds of metal, but I decided to swap it out for a Duncan Parallel Axis Distortion Trembucker.

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I love my RR1, i play metal and its the ultimate metal guitar. I agree with toejam, i love the jazz neck but never been a fan of the JB so i swapped it out, other than that no complaints its an awesome guitar

Comment

Originally posted by Soap View Post
          The RR1's are a killer metal looking guitar imo.
          I thinking about a black one.
          Anyone own one? How's the action (plays smooth)?
          The stock pickups okay for metal's standard of the eighties to present day?
          Does it do a clean chorus fairly decent?
          Anyone own one??? :ROTF: You're going to find many of us Rhoads guys can't stop at just one. Since you are considering black I'll post my black ones. They play awesome! I have some with JB's, some with Duncan Distortions, some with Duncan Screamin Demon's, and some recently I put in Dimarzio Tone Zone's and of course the old Metal stanby pickups EMG.

1989 Rhoads with factory scalloped 12-22 frets:

1984 San Dimas Rhoads with factory Floyd Rose:

Rhoads PCS:

The only thing about the Rhoads' is that I prefer to have the front volume knob control the bridge pickup and the next one control the neck pickup. They come from the factory the other way around.
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

I have three- it seems one isn't enough here either-
            I have 2 RR2 USA bolt ons w/upgrade to Floyds and twin Invaders with a push-pull volume for coil tapping, and one Kevin Bond Japanese neck through and I love 'em all- the USAs are plain ebony fret boards with no markers, and the Bond has those pentagram inlays....all the necks play great but I almost like the plain ebony ones the best. The one thing I like best about the Bond is the pickup....Iommi AKA Scott Ian Duncan. These are less pricey than the 'regular' USA RR1- not quite the same but you can have 2 for the same price range....

http://www.myspace.com/mr_lizardman
            Last edited by Mr.Lizardman; 07-06-2008, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Lizardman View Post
              The one thing I like best about the Bond is the pickup....Iommi AKA Scott Ian Duncan.
              Even though it looks like it, the Tony Iommi pickup is not the same as the Scott Ian Diablo or El Diablo.

Comment

Last time I checked you couldn't find the Iommi on Duncan's website- Still being made?

Not quite the point of this thread, I guess- LOL

Comment

I don't think it's a production pup, but you can order anything you want from their custom shop.

Comment

You cant get the iommi, its not a production model. Most ppl think that it is the same pickup as the el diablo but its far from it .. i have a KBRR and i have an RR1 with an el diablo in it .. they are completly different beasts.

Comment

Cool- How would you compare the two? I have the Invaders in the other RR2s, and they seem to help with the tone/power/'play' as compared to the Kent Armstrong's I got 'em with, but I am liking the Iommi in the KBRR....

Comment

Working...
                      X