Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1989 Jackson Custom Strathead PICS (for Joel, I think)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 Jackson Custom Strathead PICS (for Joel, I think)

Here's my 1989 Custom Strathead Jackson

Rare small logo, rare matching headstock, ebony fretboard, extra jumbo frets, dual Jackson hum J50BC (bridge, not sure of neck), non-recessed Floyd Rose II (Schaller), one tone, one volume, 5 way blade switch, unknown wood, no trem cavity plate... Former GOTM even.

Truly a time capsule guitar, here's the (unverified) backstory BroFF told me (as much as I can remember after 6 years or so):

It was built in 1989 and Grover liked this guitar so much he brought it home to keep and put it in the garage. It got buried and forgotten, until some time around 2001. Someone kept bugging to search his garage, and under a pile of crap, out came a case with this guitar. It hadn't been touched since 1989 and the electronics weren't even fully wired. BroFF bought this guitar off ebay... it had CRAPPY pictures and a BIN for $550. He had the guitar wired for the first time, and sold it to me about a year and a half later, for not much less than what I recently offered her for sale for.

Pictures were always horrible, mine weren't better than ebay's and I think Joel even bugged me to get better pictures a few years ago, and now, finally, here they are:

The backstory may not be true, but it is a genuine factory Jackson Strathead that went unplayed from 1989 until 2002-ish... definitely not a parts mutt. Who would go to every effort to fake a strathead to every last detail and put it on ebay with a BIN of $550? It's been my #2 guitar for years, and I asked Tim to sell it to me at least twice a month for a year and a half before I actually got my hands on her, and I almost stupidly sold her.

Anyways, enjoy!

Last edited by xenophobe; 07-01-2008, 11:26 PM.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

That looks fantastic!
    Looks like someone put an R2 nut on it though.
    -Rick

Comment

Thanks! It's seen a few dings and play wear since I got it, but it's all mine.

I'm not gonna pull it to check.

Comment

Very nice. Bastard
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Absolutely amazing, what a guitar.

Comment

Dayum! I like it.I'll bet its a J-50 in the neck too check the DC resistance and see if its close to the bridge.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks guys! Maybe I'll pull the neck pickup tomorrow... I planned on getting a shot with a black sheet laid out behind so the reflection of the stucco and concrete don't show up...

It's really hard to photograph black...

Comment

wicked!

Comment

I LOVE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Bump for a cool guitar! Dibbs!!!! When you want to sell let me know!

Comment

That is very, very nice.
                      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

LOL This thread's almost a year old, and Mike hasn't been on here in awhile.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          LOL This thread's almost a year old, and Mike hasn't been on here in awhile.
                          +1.

WTF?

Comment

Sorry toejam and DonP I did not know I was breaking some unwritten rule for bumping a thread from last year of a rare Jackson strathead. ????

Comment

do you feel like you were reprimanded for resurrecting the thread? How does that make you feel? How is your relationship with you mother? Have you always been highly sensitive?

on the positive side, if Mike (the owner of the guitar) ever comes back to post again, he'll see that he has to sell the guitar to you if he decides to let it go. You did call dibbs, after all
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X