Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else had a CS order recently screwed up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else had a CS order recently screwed up?

SEE PAGE #2 For Updates on both customs.

I had two orders in the last 6 months that were just totally screwed.

I mean all they had to do is follow the WO. Its like they are just putting stuff on the custom that they think you will like not what you ordered.

I do have to give credit to the custom shop as they did rebuild my soloist that they put the wrong nut and logo on. I am supposed to see pics anyday to see if the second is built correctly. Its the matrix urban camo soloist in the Namm thread Newc posted. They even offered to do a custom inlay free of charge. I backed out of the inlay offer as I had a feeling they would do it Their way not my way.

Today my custom KV came in and it had the same mistake. Kahler nut when floyd nut was specified! Also the back of the neck was unfinished maple which was not in the WO. The guitar has to be rebuilt and I am awaitng Jackson's and the dealers responce.

I wonder whats so hard about following a WO or is it seriously a employee that thinks a custom will look better if they do it their way. I dont know how they keep doing this or why the mistakes were made when they are spelled out in the WO.

Anyone else had a custom shop that had to be redone recently?

I am crossing my fingers on my soloist being done correctly.
    Last edited by AK47; 07-03-2008, 06:29 PM.

Pics

Here are pics of the CS King V.
    I would have never thought they would use a Kahler nut I thought those things were obsolete.

Comment

Re:

Here are the soloist pics of the screw ups.

Comment

First off, that KV looks awesome: great job on the specs Jason. Likewise on the Soloist. Personally, I could live with the nut and the oiled neck on the KV, but on principle, I wouldn't want to. Seems particularly odd that they would include an 'extra cost option' (i.e. the oiled neck) when it wasn't requested. Maybe I shouldn't spec it and see if I get it for free as well....

As for screwups, I've had problems to varying degree with all 4 of my orders.

- The first had the controls recessed when they shouldn't have been. I can understand 'missing' something, but to actively do something that wasn't asked for makes no sense to me. Matt came to my aid big time on that one.

- The second had to be rebuilt at least once as the first one they built had 24 frets not 22. And it was Dan Lawrence that spotted the problem, not anyone at the factory. There was an earlier problem with the binding again which was spotted by Dan, but I think that was rectified without a rebuild. But I might be wrong.

- The 3rd one is fine, but it took twice as long as another virtually identical guitar ordered at the same time.

- The 4th one they built wrong first off, so they agreed to rebuild it and incorporate changes so the guitar I got was still unique.

So yeah, not exactly a glowing recomendation of their QC proceedures. However, the guitars are all awesome. It's just the process that was a nightmare. I'd not heard of any more issues until a couple recently - either things went better over there for a while, or no-one was ordering anything

What pisses me off most is that if you go for a rebuild, they sell the original guitar to someone else, so FMIC still make their money as does a dealer (though not necessarily 'your' dealer), but the customer just has to fuck off and wait. Jackson don't do anything to recompence for the screwup and doubling the delivery time.

And of course, if you go for a rebuild to the initial w/o, there's gonna be two very similar guitars out there, depending what they got wrong. In my 4th order, it was the switch location, and so if I'd not changed the specs, the guitars would appear very similar indeed. But then if the customer decides to change the specs to retain 'uniqueness', he's not getting what he originally ordered, through no fault of his own.
        Last edited by neilli; 07-01-2008, 08:23 PM.
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

wow that King V s pretty cool..bummer it was not exactly to your specs.
          www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
          My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Oh man the Jackson oiled neck on a neck-thru guitar is my favorite, you should give it a try if you haven't already set your mind against it. Kind of rare, too. Nice!

Comment

having the bone nut is nicer in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                Oh man the Jackson oiled neck on a neck-thru guitar is my favorite, you should give it a try if you haven't already set your mind against it. Kind of rare, too. Nice!
                I am not dealing with a Kahler nut.
                I cant stand a guitar not staying in tune.

Also I tend to get my hands dirty and will stain up any bare or lightly oiled necks. I dont mind them but I did not order the neck like that.

Thanks for the compliments guys people really like the way I spec out my CS guitars. I am very anal and particular about details so this stuff drives me nuts. I will always look at that one wrong spec and it will bother me. At this cost I am not compromising.

Also if they let me the KV will be reordered as a string thru with no inlay on the first fret. I think I specified no inlay on the #1 fret in the original WO but am not sure on that.

Comment

That's a bummer that they can't seem to follow work order guidelines. I had my "fill" of ordering from the custom shop after the ordeal with the Sub Camo limited run.

Anyway, for what it's worth, the KV looks outstanding!
                  "POOP"

Comment

Just so you guys know the KV is at the Music Zoo. I dont know what the status is on it. So if one of you guys really likes it talk to Joe at the Music Zoo but we have to hear back from Jackson first.

Comment

You know, I thought guitar companies destroyed any "repo'd" guitars, or at the very least parted them. That would piss me IMMENSELY to have that happen, realize someone else has what is basically my guitar. It really takes the custom out of custom. Didn't someone order on on here and it have the wrong bridge installed awhile back?

Comment

Uniqueness is all fine and dandy but I don't believe that guitar should be destroyed, no way The right thing to do is to build another guitar excatly to Jason's specs. The other can be sold off as Jackson is currently doing. While the guitar is not exactly as ordered, there is nothing technically wrong with it and it would be a shame to destroy it.
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Kahlers come in a complete kit just like OFRs, ergo, you get the Kahler nut.

Not saying they shouldn't have used the Kahler nut, I'm just answering the comment about Kahler nuts being obsolete. Kahler needs to drop their own nut design and get licensed Floyd nuts.

But I don't get the whole "I want a guitar that no one else has" thing, personally.

I went with the Custom Shop to get guitars that were not production models (7-string Warrior, and the Warrior/Death Angel combination), not because I would be the only one to have them, but because they did not have a production model WR7 (and the War Angel looked killer in mockup).

I might be able to understand it if you were a famous player like Rob from Death Angel, but otherwise, I just don't get it.

Hopefully all they'll have to do to your V is strip and refin the neck and put on a new headstock cap, then mount the Floyd nut, not a total rebuild.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                            Kahlers come in a complete kit just like OFRs, ergo, you get the Kahler nut.

Not saying they shouldn't have used the Kahler nut, I'm just answering the comment about Kahler nuts being obsolete. Kahler needs to drop their own nut design and get licensed Floyd nuts.

But I don't get the whole "I want a guitar that no one else has" thing, personally.

I went with the Custom Shop to get guitars that were not production models (7-string Warrior, and the Warrior/Death Angel combination), not because I would be the only one to have them, but because they did not have a production model WR7 (and the War Angel looked killer in mockup).

I might be able to understand it if you were a famous player like Rob from Death Angel, but otherwise, I just don't get it.

Hopefully all they'll have to do to your V is strip and refin the neck and put on a new headstock cap, then mount the Floyd nut, not a total rebuild.
                            I was told because of the shelf that has to be made for the FLoyd nut the whole guitar has to be rebuilt. That is why the Soloist was rebuilt.

My gripe here is not just the uniqueness issue its getting the order correct when you are paying crazy money.

Comment

True, but then it also makes me wonder why it's so difficult to put a maple board on a production model like the KV2 or SL1 without going Custom Shop
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X