X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digitech 1101 or G Major??

You decide!

(or at least help me decide)

I am going with a Marshall JMP-1 as my pre-amp. Having read questionable reviews about the preamp capabilities of the 1101, I went with the Marshall.

Now which unit do I turn to for effects?

Pros and Cons would be appreciated.

I have the 1101 - I wouldn't rate anything on it as "questionable"...

It kicks major amounts of ass IMO.

Never touched a G Major though, so I can't compare the 2.

Comment

The Digitech unit is impressive. The only thing I think it is missing is amp control switches. The G-major has them. I have been looking at moving to a different type of setup and that is one thing that turned me off of the 1101.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Depending on the controller you use (I use the cheapo Behringer FCB1010) it will have amp control switches.

Comment

Well to be honest, the reviews came from Harmony Central, which I always take with a grain of salt.

Basically my quandry is this. My JMP-1 is on the way, as is an 1101. But if the G Major is better, then I'll sell the 1101 and not even take the time to learn how to work it. If the 1101 is great, then no sweat I keep it and that's that.

Comment

In some respect they are two different animals. The G-Major isn't a preamp like the 1101 is. Since you already have a preamp the G-Major would have been my first choice. I don't have both to compare the effects but the G-Major is a top choice by many around here.
            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I know there is a lot of G Major love around here. that's why I was hoping someone who had one could chime in and help me out...

Comment

I've had the G-Major for a long time now, 3 or 4 years. I have not run out of sounds I can get out of it. Being an analog type of guy it's plenty for my rack. My other rack has the Rocktron Expression. It's neat too, but the G-Major IMO has way more gadgets if you are a tweaker. I haven't got past the presets on my G-Major yet:ROTF: I think it's perfect and the right price, especially for a rack preamp setup.
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Unfornuantely the JMP-1 FX brother..the JFX-1 sounds AWESOME with that preamp. I've tried my G Major with my Marshall rack ..it's not the same. The JFX-1 doesn't have nearly the bell and whistles BUT it certainly does magic with JMP-1..well they were made for each other..literally.

BUT they don't make them anymore..not sine the late 90's..so when mine breaks..I'm screwed. Because nothing could take its place.
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
                    Well to be honest, the reviews came from Harmony Central, which I always take with a grain of salt.

Basically my quandry is this. My JMP-1 is on the way, as is an 1101. But if the G Major is better, then I'll sell the 1101 and not even take the time to learn how to work it. If the 1101 is great, then no sweat I keep it and that's that.
                    I'd give the 1101 a shot on its own compared to the JMP-1. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Comment

G-Major! I had both, the G-Major is more transparent, more Fx at a time which is what your are looking for in a FX unit.
                      www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
                      the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

Another vote for the G-Major here. Love mine.

Comment

Working...
                        X