recommend a pitch shifter/detuner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recommend a pitch shifter/detuner

I'm looking for a good pedal/rack mounted box that will allow me to output just a shifted pitch signal and not the original signal. Here's what I mean: I want to change my guitar's signal on the fly to down-tune a full step, but don't want to have to change the actually standard tuning of my guitar, and I want just the down-tuned signal to be played, not a combination of the downtuned and original signal.

The Yamaha-GEP50 use to have a patch called pitch A (and two others B and C) that allowed you to do this. Can someone recommend a pedal that will work? I tried the BOSS PS-5 and it didn;t quite give the results I was looking for.

Thanks
    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

TC Electronics do a pitch correction rack, whether that can be integrated into your rig...? It's not a pedal tho.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

The Digitech Whammy has a preset called "Drop tune" that lets you do what you are looking for I think.

You can download the manual online at ftp://ftp.digitech.com/pub/PDFs/Manuals/Whammy.pdf but I don't think it really tells you anything useful.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

If you want to spend the $ you can go with Fractal Audio's Axe Fx which is a 2 space rack mounted unit that will do that and SOOOooooo much more
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
          The Digitech Whammy has a preset called "Drop tune" that lets you do what you are looking for I think.
          +1
          My bandmate uses it and says that it works very reliably.
          Sam

Comment

The whammy will do it, but keep in mind it will have a somewhat "processed" tone to it. Chords will also sound a little strange.
            EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

One thing i like to do with the GT-10 is set my 2 octave lower pitch..
              and some delay time...but then only allow about 8% of it overall, just
              so it puts a huge bottom on the patch, but you dont really hear it, as
              an obvious Pitchshifter.

Comment

I have an Axe FX Ultra and it is the sheeet. Cheaper solutions that I've owned that work well.

G-Force
                Digi IPS-33B (make sure it's a B and not the IPS-33)
                Digi DHP-55

All 3 of these will work well. Tracking on the G-Force is better than the Digi but I used them all live and had no issues. You can find the Digi's on the Bay for under $300.

There's also Eventide stuff but it ain't cheap.
                07 Ibanez J Custom RG8470RS, 92 Ibanez RG770EG, 91 Ibanez RG565EG, 90 Ibanez RG550CM, 90 Jackson USA Fusion, 89 BCRich Assassin, 85 Ibanez Roadstar II RS440RV, 05 Takamine AN-10

Furman PL-8 Series II, ADA 3TM MP-1 Ultra+, Axe-FX Ultra, rack tray (Axess Elec. BS-2, DOD FX90), Roland EV-5, Dunlop 535Q18v, VHT 2/50/2, Ground Control Pro, X2 Digital XDS95 W'less, (2) Bogner Cubes

Comment

i have an isp33b sitting around collecting dust... 3-part harmonies, whammy

Comment

Working...
                  X