Peavey Valve King 100Watt Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Valve King 100Watt Head

bought this last week but only got round to doing pics this morning on my way to work lol...

i paid 325 for it and the footswitch which controls the channel switching and the gain boost. Peavey delivered it to me themselves. the amp is all valve (626slg os summin). I haven't cranked it up really loud yet, tho i will do tomo at a gig. the valves ars still bedding in a little and i'm still getting used to waiting for them to warm up properly...atm after its been on standby for a while (i've left it 20 mins at times), they seem to still be warming up properly for a bout 5 mins after its been turned fully on, popping and blooming into life as it were...i don't know if thats normal as i have no valve experience to go on....

once its warmed up nicely, it sounds pretty good actually...i'm impressed with how much scope there is for tweaking the sound. there is a knob for crossing between class a and class ab settings, and there's also presence and resonance controls which allow you to tweak the treble and bass response of your speakers. i don't think they need to be used much but just having them on a low setting really opens up the sound nicely. the dials are pretty responsive and the master reverb is nice. there's no master volume as such, but each channel has their own volume which you can ajust. the clean channel is good and fairly sparkly, and the the drive is nice and crunchy with mid rangy punch with good harmonics...naturally helped by an ibanez chock full of dimarzios ... i haven't really had to put the gain above 6 with what i'm using

anyway pics:

Our singer is picking up one of those this week. From what little I've heard of them, they're excellent value for money. You set your mid and treble quite high, is this for home playing?

Comment

it has a good even sound really, with the resonance control you can get a lot of low end if u want...i usually have quite a bright mid rangy sound anyway

Comment

They're great amps, I have the 100watt combo, couldn't be more happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
          i paid 325 for it
          Damn, only $325 dollars?

Comment

Working...
          X