EQ/Filter to add to Boss GT-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EQ/Filter to add to Boss GT-8

I originally made a patch whilst monitoring thru speakers at low volume, and it sounded fantastic. Only problem is, they were placed at chest level, not the same height as my ears . So now I've gone back to headphones, and I just can't get the sound I want. I'm considering getting an EQ like a Focusrite Trakmaster to try EQ'ing the GT-8's output whilst filtering out certain frequencies, in order to get the sound I can hear through incorrectly placed speakers, sound the same through my headphones. Would the Focusrite be ideal, or should I consider a different unit?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Is there no EQ on the GT8 then? If you could tell the difference just by moving the speakers (or your head), they shouldn't be too hard to find. Just toast your tweeters, that ought to do the trick.
    Or buy a fucking decent parametric EQ (Klark Teknik DN410?). Not seen the Focusrite but I would think that anything that costs £150 is going to make absolutely no difference whatsoever, other than in your head (and wallet).

Seeing as your bedroom isn't an acoustically neutral environment, it's always going to sound different whenever you put your headphones on, which is why Def Leppard don't record in Joe Elliott's bedroom. (They do have an option to record in Steve Clarke's though, now it's vacant...)
    If it is that difficult to rediscover your fantastic sound, I might be able to find you a dungeon to record in, we'd have to discuss remuneration......!

Maybe just have your ears syringed?

Failing that, I hear Bob Rock could probably take your booking, but your Mum must supply chocolate Hobnobs with his tea, plain ones are a breach of contract and he will walk.
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

The EQ in the GT-8 isn't terribly formidible. And no, I'm not going to start doing any sexual favours for any bloke. I will however look for the parametric EQ you suggested.

Out of curiousity, in which order do other people set their GT-8's FX chain?
      Last edited by wilkinsi; 06-23-2008, 10:41 AM.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Read this thread from a few weeks ago...

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82448

Comment

Thanks, I'll give those settings a go when I get home.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
          X