Bugera amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugera amps

Got to play one at NAMM, and I WILL be ordering one!

Anyone else try one? I mean, anyone who hasn't dropped masive $$$ on a Bogner, Mesa, Marshall, or other "I paid alot more, so it's better" amp
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

FWIW, there have been lots of reports of unreliability in those.

but if you like the sound of what they're copies of, for the price... maybe it's worth it

Comment

They are pretty decent, same as the Crate Palamino, pleasantly surprised how good that one was for the $$$.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I'll be waiting to see how they hold up and, if they do, I'll snag a used one for $300.

Comment

Those things are incredible for the cash, Newc, just remember to change the input jack!

Comment

Ugh. A Behringer tube amp. I can't imagine a worse guitar amp to buy.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
              Ugh. A Behringer tube amp. I can't imagine a worse guitar amp to buy.
              a solid state behringer

Comment

Ugh. An amp I've never seen or heard. Must be a piece of shit.

I only buy amps that cost more than $2000. Everything else is fucking trash.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksoncsplayer View Post
                  Those things are incredible for the cash, Newc, just remember to change the input jack!

Or remember not to use those Planet Waves "I'm such a loser I accidentally pull my cables out of my amp while I'm hopping around like a little bunny on stage" cables
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post

Or remember not to use those Planet Waves "I'm such a loser I accidentally pull my cables out of my amp while I'm hopping around like a little bunny on stage" cables
                    1 word....."Wireless"
                    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                      Ugh. An amp I've never seen or heard. Must be a piece of shit.

I only buy amps that cost more than $2000. Everything else is fucking trash.
                      So true.

In order for an amp to be good, it has to cost $1,500 at the bare minimum (obviously, the more expensive, the better), and it has to have one of the following names on it: Marshall, Mesa, Bogner, Diezel, etc....

If it doesn't meet the above requirements, then it is obvious to anyone with a brain that it sounds like shit, and is made from shitty parts, and will probably blow up/catch fire/melt within a week anyway. I don't need to see it, or play it to know this, because I am better than everyone else at everything in the world.
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I can guarantee that it's made out of cheap components at the price point that it's coming in at. Although certain boutique amps are obviously overpriced, when you start looking at tube amps in $500 range, you will definitely get what you pay for. There is no way to assemble quality parts while making a profit (which is what the manufacturer's main goal is) at that price point.

When I had my store, almost every Crate Blue Voodoo that I sold came back with an issue. That amp seemed like a steal...great tone and not too expensive. My repair guy said it was one of the worst amps that he had ever seen (along with the Carvin Legacy) from a construction and component standpoint.

I'd much rather go cheap on a guitar and own a good amp than the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                          So true.

In order for an amp to be good, it has to cost $1,500 at the bare minimum (obviously, the more expensive, the better), and it has to have one of the following names on it: Marshall, Mesa, Bogner, Diezel, etc....

If it doesn't meet the above requirements, then it is obvious to anyone with a brain that it sounds like shit, and is made from shitty parts, and will probably blow up/catch fire/melt within a week anyway. I don't need to see it, or play it to know this, because I am better than everyone else at everything in the world.
                          Wrong. It's not about geer snobbery or anything like that. Behringer is known for building absolute pieces of shit. I say that as a Behringer customer (former). I've owned a number of their products and all but the one PA power amp and the original V-Amp were totally pieces of shit made from fucking junk components. I've had to return enough Behringer stuff for not working THE FIRST TIME I plugged it in to be confident in saying that this Bugera amp is going to be a piece of shit.

So you can hop off your mighty show pony.

- Newc

Comment

BTW, I say all that as someone that has gigged with a $279 Fender Pro Junior so don't hand me any shit about needing a $1500 amp.

- Newc

Comment

I'm not one of those people who cares what other guitarist think of their gear...So I get what works for as little as possible...

Not only have I had problems with my V-Amp but my friend was a Behringer dealer and they had nothing but returns...constantly...By far the worst for returns he ever had...The 1010FB is the one thing that seems to be doing okay with people I know...

And watching my fellow band mate for the passed 11 years pay the price for cheaping out...YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!! Sorry...That is just the way it is...with MOST things...and trust me...he has dropped WAAAAAY more coin replacing junk than I have...

I have found Peavey to be as good as it get as far as value...and that is mostly build quality...Tone is subjective...to a piont. Of course added noise and lack of dynamics is just going to take away from tone goodness no matter what you like...I just found Peavey to be a decent balance...

My XXX has been abused for 5+ years and no signs of letting up...Not a crackle, spark or hiss...solid! Thats what these things are copies of so...You do that math...If you like what those amps were made to do...

BUY A 5150 or XXX!
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Working...
                              X