Mesa amp switching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa amp switching?

Hi there, I have a Mesa Boogie two channel Triple Rectifier. I have been interested in getting into rackmount processors and effects and had a couple questions. The footswitch controlling the channels of the head only require a standard cable (not a MIDI one) so I was wondering if there was any effect processor that could control internal effects along with amp switching of my Mesa Triple Rec (i.e. T.C. Electronics G-Force or G-System, etc)? I'm sorry if this is a really dumb question but I'm quite new to all of this and have been frantically searching forums about if these processors will work with my setup...but to no avail have found nothing! Thanks for all the information and any other suggestions for good processors that can do what these systems can (an all-in-one, type system).
    Last edited by DC_rhoads82; 06-19-2008, 08:44 PM.

you can get midi foot controllers which will control the effects unit as well as the channel switching of your head. My FCB1010 is setup to change patches on my Studio Quad 4 & change amp channels at the same time, all with one stomp
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Even though the head doesn't have a midi jack a midi foot controller can still control channel switching?

Comment

if your foot controller is capable, yea. The Behringer unit is one of the cheapest of its kind on the market and it has 2 latching relays that let you switch channels on your amp (or can be used for whatever other purpose you can come up with). I run two cables from the FCB: one is a midi cable for the FX unit, the other is a standard guitar cable to the amp's footswitch jack.

Then you just program the controller to select patch 9 on the fx unit with the amp's 2nd channel when you step on pedal 4 and voila! You're up and rockin'!!
        Hail yesterday

Comment

I use a GCX audio switcher to switch amp channels and midi patches. Work like a champ!!
          CURRENT GEAR SET UP
          2005 JACKSON SOLOIST
          1989 JACKSON KING V
          1984 JACKSON RR
          AXE FX II
          MESA BOOGIE 2:90
          DMC GROUND CONTROL PRO
          FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER
          (2) MESA BOOGIE 4X12 RECTO CABINETS
          (2) MESA BOOGIE 2X12 RECTO CABINETS

Comment

Kingsfan, you actually have my dream setup! I was actually looking at a GCX audio switcher along with a DMC Ground Control Pro (not to mention a TCL G-Force for effects). I was actually wondering, with the DMC Ground control are you able to program it so you can run G-force effects and amp switching at the same time (for example, switching from an overdrive channel of an amp to a clean channel amp setting along with delay and reverb from the G-force all in one stomp of the ground control?

Comment

Originally posted by DC_rhoads82 View Post
              Kingsfan, you actually have my dream setup! I was actually looking at a GCX audio switcher along with a DMC Ground Control Pro (not to mention a TCL G-Force for effects). I was actually wondering, with the DMC Ground control are you able to program it so you can run G-force effects and amp switching at the same time (for example, switching from an overdrive channel of an amp to a clean channel amp setting along with delay and reverb from the G-force all in one stomp of the ground control?
              Yup!! One step process to switch the amp along with the effects. It fucking rocks! It's a little pricey but it work like a champ.
              CURRENT GEAR SET UP
              2005 JACKSON SOLOIST
              1989 JACKSON KING V
              1984 JACKSON RR
              AXE FX II
              DMC GROUND CONTROL PRO
              FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER

Comment

You can use the T.C. Electronics G-Major. It has the capability to change channels for you and you can customize specific presets with a specific channel, so basicially you click one button and it changes your preset and channel. No tap dancing. I have one and I use it with my 5150. I have also used it with my Triple Rec (3Ch) but I can only switch between 2 channels. Also since it doesn't have a preamp it won't color your tone. I use mine with an ART X-15 midi controller.
                Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Krimson, thanks for the heads up on the G-Major. I wasn't aware of that! Kingsfan, how does the g-force do in terms of switching patches...is there a delay in terms of from when the switch is activated to the effect change? I just heard that some of them were kind of slow!

Comment

Originally posted by DC_rhoads82 View Post
                    Krimson, thanks for the heads up on the G-Major. I wasn't aware of that! Kingsfan, how does the g-force do in terms of switching patches...is there a delay in terms of from when the switch is activated to the effect change? I just heard that some of them were kind of slow!
                    Very slight delay when changing pre sets but not an issue. No more than 1/10 of a second.
                    CURRENT GEAR SET UP
                    2005 JACKSON SOLOIST
                    1989 JACKSON KING V
                    1984 JACKSON RR
                    AXE FX II
                    DMC GROUND CONTROL PRO
                    FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER

Comment

Working...