Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any love here for the Peavey JSX 212 combo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any love here for the Peavey JSX 212 combo?

I got mine about 4 months ago and can find no fault with it. The tone by itself on all 3 channels is killer and it plays well with effects.

Anyone else have any thoughts on these amps?
    The Guitars:
    Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
    The Amps:
    Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

i don't. but it is always awesome to hear when somebody finds THE amp that gives them what they want to hear. congrats!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

The fault I find in it is that's it's too damn heavy. Other than that I like their sounds.

Comment

I have the head and I fugging love it.
        it took me a while to get a good understanding of the EQ, but now I've
        got mine dialed in great.
        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
          The fault I find in it is that's it's too damn heavy. Other than that I like their sounds.
          OK, there is one fault. Good thing I don't gig anymore.
          The Guitars:
          Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
          The Amps:
          Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

i have a peavey JSX head that i absolutely <3

Comment

Originally posted by DocNrock View Post
              OK, there is one fault. Good thing I don't gig anymore.
              Yeah if you don't have to move it then it's a great buy!

Comment

I have the XXX Combo and that thing is a monster as well. I am looking at going to a head/cabinet setup soon. I might go for the JSX head.
                http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Another slave to the JSX here. More then enough amp to make you question the rest of your gear

Comment

My experience is that cleans just drip out of the speakers, the crunch is ballsy, and the ultra channel gain can almost melt the paint off the walls.

Glad there are others here who like the thing, too.
                    The Guitars:
                    The Amps:

Comment

Actually I can find one fault with it, I think each channel should have separate resonance and presence controls, if possible. That way you could foot switch between more extreme sounds on the fly, but the sounds are definitly there!!

By the way I love Peavey amps and laugh at the anti Peavey snobs,
                      did you hear that story about Tom Morello, that limo liberal hypocrite, took the Peavey
                      logo off his amp because he was embarassed by it!!

Comment

peavey has always kicked ass. they've always had good tone, reliability, the right price, and they're a USA product. peavey defined the sound of southern rock in the 70's with the almond bros and lynyrd skynyrd as well as deathmetal in the late 90's with the 5150. never be asshamed of your peavey.
                        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by tanpsi View Post
                          Actually I can find one fault with it, I think each channel should have separate resonance and presence controls, if possible.
                          I did this with an amp I created, but it didn't work too hot. Because these control the feedback loop, switching from one pot to the other caused a loud pop. This was 20 years ago, I think I could implement it better today.

Comment

Working...
                          X