Ahhhhh the good ol' days!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahhhhh the good ol' days!

Hysterical. Clip of a 20/20 segment that's got to be 22-23 years old. Subsequent to a riot after an Iron Maiden concern in Jersey (they'll be here Friday night!) it was time for THE MEDIA to shine a light on heavy metal music. Featuring Bruce Dickenson, Tipper Gore, the music of SOD, Metallica, Megadeth, and all our old favorites.

SO! Those of you shown in the interview (particularly the metal kid making fun of the "preps" playing frisbee in Hawaiian shirts) sound off! I know at least ONE of you is on here somewhere. Did you end up as suicidal serial killers or what?

Vass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orrgV_piHPA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ4PTiL1RDs

<~~~~~~ 36 years old. Married for 8 years, college educated with MBA, nice house in Allen, Texas, plenty of toys (guitars, motorcycles, Jeeps) Beautiful wife who is also college educated with a Masters Degree in Education, great family and friends, etc, etc, etc.

...and guilty of being a headbanger who first saw WASP open up for Iron Maiden on the Powerslave tour as a kid. Guess it didn't affect me like some. I never got the urge to kill myself/anyone else, be depressed and stay in my bedroom, drink blood/kill cats, or whatever. :ROTF:

Of course, now I guess I could be considered one of those preps in the multi-colored Hawaiin shirts. :ROTF::ROTF:

By the way, isn't it ironic that it was the wife of a Democrat that was raising hell about moral issues? And yes, looking back at ol Tipper, I would have definitely hit that.

Rockin' along here in Dallas with my Coca Cola shirt....

Comment

Wow. Watching those clips just makes me shake my head at the naive crap 20/20 and other "journalists" were spewing.
      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Barbara Walters is a stupid old cunt!
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

So is Tipper Gore

Comment

That video was pretty hilarious though. The funniest thing is how the media just says whatever they want for sensationalism's sake regardless of whether it's true or not. That will never change.

Comment

Life was great back then. Heavy metal on 20/20!

Nowadays, metal is boring, not even worthy of the shittiest news show.

Can I get a time machine back to those days?
              Last edited by DonP; 03-13-2008, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                That video was pretty hilarious though. The funniest thing is how the media just says whatever they want for sensationalism's sake regardless of whether it's true or not. That will never change.
                So true. It's human nature to place blame on someone or something else. That's all this is. I'm sure they made similar arguments about Elvis and the Beatles in the 50's.
                That video was great. I was really an odd ball in school. I was a prep/jock on the varsity soccer and baseball teams. Hung with the popular crowd and played guitar and loved heavy metal. I miss the old days.
                "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

I have a hard time understanding why they were so against metal, yet rap is so much more accepted today, and sends not only a horrible message, but actually changes the way they think. I guess you couldnt stand up against rap today... if you did, it would be racist.
                  Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Bah, rap has had it's dark light shined many times, the pmrc was about censoring all types of music back then, Prince was a main target.
                    I grew up under a christian household, where my mom would make me go to church on wed nights to watch movies on the "horrors" of heavy metal music, what she didn't know was, i loved it lol, i got to see all kinds of cool footage that was really not shown anywhere
                    I was 13 and i totally got it, what the hell is wrong with these people, i couldn't figure why the actual grownups couldn't understand the concept of imagery for marketing aspect of it.
                    Luckily we had people like Frank Zappa, Dee Snider, and John fucking Denver defending us.

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
                      Luckily we had people like Frank Zappa, Dee Snider, and John fucking Denver defending us.
                      Thankfully John Denver wasn't chief pilot and mechanic back then.
                      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

that shit was great... no doubt it's the best way to promote heavy metal
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

What a GREAT time that was to be a teenager!

Comment

5:25 - 5:46 Can we get some subtitles here?

6:15 - 6:20 What is up with Jason's head? It's huge! (maybe he's a "little person" ? )

6:41 - 7:01 MULLET TIME!

7:11 - 7:25 Sitting on a park bench / eyeing little girls with bad intent.
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Awesome video! Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X