Gibson Sues Guitar Hero...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Sues Guitar Hero...

Apparently, according to a patent, they planned to get into the video game market in 1999, licensed their brand for the Guitar Hero game, and now is filing suit against the publisher of the game...

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/puzzle/g...ml?sid=6187653

Gibson will sue for anything.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Maybe they should concentrate more on QC than lawsuits........
      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

...because the plastic controllers are better made than their guitars?

Comment

Reuters also noted that even were the patent upheld, Gibson's three-year dalliance has granted Activision an implied license for the use of the technology

You snooze, you lose! :ROTF:
          Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
            ...because the plastic controllers are better made than their guitars?
            :ROTF:

Comment

Gibson is stupid. WIth as much as they like to sue people EVH should be with them.

Comment

Originally posted by yard dawg View Post
                Gibson is stupid. WIth as much as they like to sue people EVH should be with them.
                Lars too :ROTF:
                Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Fender got their logo on the Rock Band controller. I thought that was strange when Gibson's more distinctive shapes were being used for GH and no Gibson logo there.
                  please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

So the next game controller will be a PRS singlecut?

Comment

Hopefuly it'll be a Jackson.

I was looking at the Rock Band box at WalMart last night (the big one that comes with everything) and on the back the guitarist is using a Kelly, and you can see the Jackson logo. I thought that was sweeeeeet :grin:

Too bad it's a Strat in the box, though. Maybe I'll get it and dress it up like a PC-1
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                        Hopefuly it'll be a Jackson.

I was looking at the Rock Band box at WalMart last night (the big one that comes with everything) and on the back the guitarist is using a Kelly, and you can see the Jackson logo. I thought that was sweeeeeet :grin:

Too bad it's a Strat in the box, though. Maybe I'll get it and dress it up like a PC-1
                        The in game customizations are actually pretty cool... I've got a Joe Satriani looking character with a trans-green JS series Warrior.

Comment

Originally posted by necrotechno View Post
                          Fender got their logo on the Rock Band controller. I thought that was strange when Gibson's more distinctive shapes were being used for GH and no Gibson logo there.
                          My friend's kid got Guitar Hero 3 for his Wii for Christmas and the controller has a Gibson logo on it.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Pathetic

Comment

no comment other than google the owners name of gibson now.
                              whatever.

Im a gibson guy, but?????????
                              Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X