X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW. Kids are not really smart

This is just so tragic on so many levels. http://www.kirotv.com/index.html
    I am a true ass set to this board.

It's like Beavis and Butthead all over again... fire, fire, fire! Dumb fucking parents don't know which cartoons their kids should or shouldn't watch, and they don't tell them what they see isn't real and not to recreate it.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You think they were trying to snuff out a ginger?

Comment

:ROTF:

The boy, Codey Porter, told playmates to bury his head in sand.

No children were detained or taken into custody.
        Duh.

Here we go... another attack on cartoons and TV instead of touting responsibility.

Comment

Here's what I don't get. He talked the other kids into doing this. You would think there would be, at least, one kid that would point out how dumb an idea it was.

Comment

Darwin.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Damnit. It's almost natural selection in action. No doubt this kid will be a proud father some day. Damnit.

Comment

Yikes.
                I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

They are calling it an "Accident". WTF?

Comment

Reminds me of jumping off the roof of the garage with a pillowcase.

None of you ever did that, right?

Comment

Yeah, I did some stupid things when I was a kid (okay LOTS of stupid things), but nothing that would obviously result in death. I'm pretty sure most kids know that breathing is kind of important.
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I did some dumb stuff as a kid. But we didn't imitate what we saw on TV. We figured out our own ways. The kids were stupid. The media DOES influence behavior. I feel for parents that have young kids growing up today.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                          Yeah, I did some stupid things when I was a kid (okay LOTS of stupid things), but nothing that would obviously result in death. I'm pretty sure most kids know that breathing is kind of important.
                          Really? You did shit that wouldn't cause death? Hum, lets look at the shit I use to do.

Get drug behind cars on an old wooden 70's skateboard at 35 miles an hour.

Jumped off the garage many, many times without any kind of "parachute".

Got in "rock fights" which consisted of throwing rocks at your buddies head.

Stand barefoot on one side of the street and let the guy on the other side thrown lawn darts at your feet.

Went swimming in a backyard pond by myself late at night without anyone who really knew what they were doing in the water or how to save someone who was drowning.

One time when I was 4 I made a pact with my best friend that one of us would commit suicide and then come back as an angel and give the other tons of toys.

The last one is no bullshit. We had no clue what we were talking about but it sounded good at the time.

I find this sad. You guys can rip on the poor kid all you want. I find it heartless. We ALL were stupid when we were kids. All of us.

Comment

They buried the kid's head in sand. That's a lot different than all the derring do we did as kids. I sincerely hope the boy is OK. A stupid stunt is not supposed to almost kill you.
                            Last edited by fett; 03-10-2008, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                              They buried the kid's head in sand. That's a lot different than all the derring do we did as kids.
                              Not really. I can see how a kid might think he could breathe under sand. I mean, it's a bunch of little pebbles, air can get in around the pebbles. Not a strech at all.

No different than if I lost control behind my sisters car and fell and got run over by someone driving in the other lane.

It's a basic misunderstanding that kids can have that life is perminant.

Comment

Working...
                              X