First Submission..OUCH BE NICE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Submission..OUCH BE NICE

OK, I am probobly one of the biggest hacks on the planet, but I have been working pretty hard on doing Mr.Scary..lol, I call it Mr. Not So Scary!!, Basically I used a Kawai drum machine and layed the Bass track down on a old 4 track used my Line 6 Flextone for the Guitar then lined it into my computer and made a poor attempt at mixing it using Sonic Acid Foundery ...it is kinda bad I I didn't really have the will to go back and re track my screw-ups..But hey my first submission, and I am a hair metal kinda guy anyway..not a shredder
    Mr. Not So Scary

Re: First Submission..OUCH BE NICE

Maybe it's happening at my end , but all I hear is what seems like a wash of reverb so deep it sounds like static. With something going on way in the background. I'll assume it's grand though and compliment you on the fine job I'm sure that it is!!

Comment

why in the hell...lol, can I play this on my comp from the link and it sounds OK...lol..on Real Player and Windows Media 9

Comment

either you have a REALLY crappy mic that you recorded this with, or you REALLY scooped your mid's.

Comment

The playing is AWESOME! But, the sound sucks ass! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Turn down the reverb A LOT and turn the guitars up.

Comment

could hardly hear the guitars mate?
            the drums were programed well and the riffing was faithfull to the lynch showcase

i dont know why it sounded so bad mix wise,you encoded at 56kbps in stereo..sometimes at these lower rates its best to encode at mono..there is more treble/mids and air left in the mix

it sounds like your encoder is bad mate,that should sound fine even at 56..under 40 kbps and it sounds bad normaly but you were over.

do yourself a favour and try diferent encoders.i use Wavelab for gwar stuff and my protools encoder for other stuff..i agree with word there is some good gtr lines in there but i had to crank my speakers and could just about hear them

Comment

What Justin said..

Also, not a shredder? Give me a break, dude! I heard a TON of kick ass shredding in there!

Comment

OK, I tried a different encoder, and forced a Mono sound, I also tried a little more to mix the guitar..and kill the reverb..little better I think but this is my first recording..lol, had others do it in the past..Same link

Comment

i would still say its your encoder,it has a underwater sound you normaly get with heavily encoded tunes

encoding always takes away the high freq,so make sure you add more than enough before encoding
                  Bass needs to be boosted in the mix too.

the lead lines were still to low in the mix,I would nomaly use a L1 to boost the signal on the lead to make it as loud as it can get without clipping.
                  You should be able to get a HQ mix at encoding at 40 kbps in mono at 22khz.

i bet in its wave form it kicked r's.well done [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Not to be overly critical, but the pitch sounds funky. Are you tuned down to a D? and playing it in? I'm just going off what I hear in my head as I never learned this, but wasn't this done in D and Lynch tuned down 1/2 step?

Outside of that question. Your playing is sounding like it's hitting the riffs, but the sound quality is like a live recording with a boom box in the john.

Recording with the computer is totally new ventue yet to explored for me.. so I cannot help ya.

[ July 26, 2003, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

There's probably some nice playing there...but I can only make out a few notes now and then. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I'd like to hear it with a less distorted rhythm tone and no heavy delay/reverb on the leads.
                      This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

correction...standard pitch F# seems more likely.

Comment

Working...
                        X