Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Band shirts - Small size and/or fitted don't really exist!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Band shirts - Small size and/or fitted don't really exist!

What's the deal with most band merch being sized Medium or bigger?

So I moved out of my parents' home in December, and as a result of three months under my own self-dictated healthy meal/nutrition/fitness plans, I went from 150lbs down to 138lbs. I have a bit of the skinny rockstar look going on, with some muscle definition and a slim V-shaped torso, which is probably going to become more pronounced with time.

I was cruising eBay for band shirts, and while some ARE sized Small, these have band logos slapped onto basic Fruit Of The Loom or Hanes shirts, and I find them boxy and they tend to hang down straight, making anyone skinny look like they're absolutely SWIMMING in their clothes. Those were fine when I had a bit of a gut to fill out the midsection of the shirt, but given my current situation, I prefer something more tapered towards the midsection, but not so girly like women's babydoll shirts.

In contrast to American clothing, European designer shirts tend to size their shirts smaller with wicked cuts. If I could find some European-style fitted blank shirts, I'd print my own logos onto them... it's hard enough finding ANY fitted shirts to begin with.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!

I think it varies based on the actual shirt manufacturer, and newer shirts are larger than shirts of the "same" size from several years ago. I have a Death shirt that is supposedly large, but fits like small, which is ridiculous for me. I'm 5'11" and it barely gets to my belt, and the sleeves are only an inch or so past my armpit. On a newer large, the shirt is down to my crotch and the sleeves almost to my elbows. I have a Dissection shirt that is like that too.

I suspect that both are bootlegs, and if that doesn't bother you, it might be your best bet for something that fits. I bought the Death shirt on eBay, from a seller in Mexico who had all kinds of band shirts. I don't remember their name, but you might be able to find someone who has shirts of a fit more to your liking.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm built a lot like you (though I've gained some weight recently...working on getting it back off) and I haven't found anything that consistently fits. You're on the right track though with the European stuff being better cut.

Comment

I'm sure this is the reason that KK Downing was wearing a girls Judas Priest Shirt on the last tour. He came out wearing a Screaming For Vengence shirt that was for sale in the womens section of the merch table.

I'm not a big "form fitting" kinda guy. Even when I was skinny.

So maybe check out the chick shirts. Might find something more form fitting there.
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
          So I moved out of my parents' home in December, and as a result of three months under my own self-dictated healthy meal/nutrition/fitness plans, I went from 150lbs down to 138lbs. I have a bit of the skinny rockstar look going on, with some muscle definition and a slim V-shaped torso, which is probably going to become more pronounced with time.
          ChrisRocksUSA, is that you?
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Oh woe is you... I wish I had that problem.... lol
            Guitars:
            '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
            '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
            '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
            Amp:
            VOX AD30VT

Comment

get vintage one's. I have several dokken shirts from the 80s that have shrunk with age and fit my skinny body perfectly

Comment

WAIT!

You worked DOWN from 150 to 138????!!!!!!! I know you probably want to look shredded, but at the rate you're cutting and your (apparently) small frame it's going to be way too fuckin skinny.

Put some BIG muscle on, you can/must probably eat like a horse to do it, but you won't put on too much mass. LAST thing you want is to cut even more. BULK BULK BULK.

Those medium shirts will be slim-fitting and tight in a year and a half.
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                  ChrisRocksUSA, is that you?
                  Who was ChrisRocksUSA again? The LinaV alter ego

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm
                  Put some BIG muscle on, you can/must probably eat like a horse to do it, but you won't put on too much mass. LAST thing you want is to cut even more. BULK BULK BULK.
                  Any advice for me, GOR? I seem to remember you were on a big workout kick some time ago. Here's my situation. I eat massive amounts (balanced one portion protein, carb, and vegetable per meal) between four to six meals a day depending on my schedule. I go to the gym 5-6 days a week in the following rhythm: Upper body, interval running, lower body, interval running, repeat. If you've read Bill Phillips' book "Body For Life", I'm basically trying to follow that program. Each workout is INTENSE and pushing the body's limits each time.

Mind you, I only JUST started working out again since I recently found a new gym close to my new home, but the eating thing has been going on since December. I basically cut out a LOT of fatty foods, junk foods, soft drinks, and sugary juices, and replaced them with fruit, powdered supplements, salads with hemp seed, lots of water, etc. I even went from 3.25% homogenized milk to my roommates' preference for skim milk and now I quit that and I'm on soy milk which is great for me because I am lactose-intolerant, it's high in calcium, and the chocolate flavor tastes like amazing chocolate milk. That's basically how I dropped in weight. It was simply making healthier eating choices overall.

I just took a look at the women's band shirts... some of them actually have nicer print designs than the men's.

Comment

Working...
                  X