X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there software like the DR-670

for the computer?

The DR-670
    Get some great beats right away with the Boss DR-670 Dr. Rhythm Drum Machine. This compact rhythm-creation tool offers all the acclaimed sound from Boss' flagship DR-770 while adding enhancements like velocity-sensitive pads and footswitch control. 255 no-compromise drum and percussion waveforms grouped into 64 preset and 64 user kits. Program bass lines using sixteen distinct sounds including Finger Bass, Slap Bass, Acoustic Bass, and Pick Bass. Buttons are physically set up like the notes on a bass. Up to 100 songs. 200 preset rhythm patterns, 200 user patterns. Large LCD. Foot control jack for handsfree start/stop and fills with optional footswitch. Assign patterns to pads for triggering on the fly with Direct Pattern Play.
    2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
    2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
    2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
    2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
    2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
    2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
    2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
    2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
    2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
    1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
    1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

I guess you basically need a drum software plugin like Battery or some version of Drumkit From Hell and a MIDI keyboard to connect with it.
    Like here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igaiTRuLs9k

Then you can assign keys to the drum samples and play and record on the comp.
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

That video was cool.
      2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
      2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
      2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
      2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
      2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
      2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
      2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
      2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
      2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
      1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
      1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

There's one called Band In A Box, but I don't think it comes with samples. I think it's all MIDI instruments, so the sound quality won't be that good. Haven't tried it myself, but I did participate in a Jam at the ADA forum last year where one guy used it as his backing track, and it sounded like a $50 WalMart keyboard rhythm track (drums/bass).

Other than that, all I can suggest is FxPansion BFD2 for drums and doing your own bass lines. BFD2 has tons of preset patterns, and you can tweak the drum kits until your head explodes. It's also got a built in pattern builder that's point-n-click.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
        X