Red Liight! Green Light! Near death.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Liight! Green Light! Near death.

I almost was killed this morning. I was one second away from being T-boned on my driver's side I'm serious. In 40 years of driving, I've never been that close to getting killed. Short version. I had a lefthand green arrow. I always count to three before I start my turn. Just as I was about to go a 14ft pickup with a 14ft trailer sped through the red light going 45mph. If I had counted to two and went, he would have hit me for sure. My sig almost came true today.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Glad you are OK and still here fett!!! Be careful out there!!
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

It's trully insane up here. Some of you know 164th. It happened so fast. One second. A heartbeat. The number is 3. Not 2. Not 5. 3. Keep this in mind the next time you decide to hit the green light as if you were on a dragstrip. That's the fett tip for the day.

Comment

Glad to hear you avoided that one, Fett.

Having been T-boned myself just about 6 weeks ago, I can tell you that it sucks! Luckily no injuries, but my car was heavily damaged and is freakin' still out getting repaired. It'll have probably been about 2 months by the time it's finished. Even with the offending driver admitting 100% fault, the f'n insurance companies invloved have been a royal pain in the ass!

Comment

This is why I think running a red light should be considered a felony.
          It's attempted negligent homicide. Any prosecutor could claim depraved indifference by the asshat running the light.

Glad you're OK Fett. I've been T-Boned once. The twit nailed me right behind the driver side door. In my case... if I was one second later she would have hit my door.
          -Rick

Comment

I am trully shaken. It was almost surreal. I just keep thinking about that one second. One second and 20 feet and no more fett. What a way to start a day. They have cameras up here. I hope that SOB gets a ticket in the mail.
            Last edited by fett; 03-07-2008, 01:50 PM.

Comment

That's good advice fett. A friend's nephew was killed a few years ago by someone running a light and t-boning him. He had just got his license.

Comment

shit glad youre ok

youre a lucky man
                Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Glad you're ok fett.

Comment

If this had turned into crash it would have made the news. My van would not have stood a chance. It would have been like being hit by a train. I usually don't need an excuse to get drunk, but I have one today.
                    Last edited by fett; 03-07-2008, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                      Glad to hear you avoided that one, Fett.

Having been T-boned myself just about 6 weeks ago, I can tell you that it sucks! Luckily no injuries, but my car was heavily damaged and is freakin' still out getting repaired. It'll have probably been about 2 months by the time it's finished. Even with the offending driver admitting 100% fault, the f'n insurance companies invloved have been a royal pain in the ass!
                      How does a car get T-boned and not come back as totaled? What are the insurance companies?

Comment

Originally posted by åron View Post
                        How does a car get T-boned and not come back as totaled? What are the insurance companies?
                        As long as the frame or "pan" is not damaged beyond repair, it will be fixed.
                        Insurance companies look at the cost of the repair vs. the value of the car.
                        If the repair is within a reasonable amount (as was the case in my car) they will pay to fix it.
                        -Rick

Comment

Who gives a fuk about insurance cos?. I have no doubt that I would have been killed.

Comment

I'm not trying to be melodramatic but this scared the shit out of me.

Comment

Glad your ok , now go change your underwear

Comment

Working...
                              X