Pay it forward book club: Somebody Save Me from Myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay it forward book club: Somebody Save Me from Myself

Ok, so I got this from Alvin Wilson. It is Brian "Head" Welch's story of how he gave himself to God and quit Korn and all the shit that he did and had happen to him.

The deal is that I ship this book to you, 100% free of charge, no cost to you. You don't even pay shipping. But, when you are finished, you must re-post it here, in the Non Jackson/Charvel Related Talk forum, and ship it to the next person free of charge.

So, the first person that responds here in this thread, gets the book. Please pm me your address.
    Thanks
    Joe

Ok Ill be next in line. sending pm

Dave

Comment

I have no interest in reading about how someone became a sheep.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
        I have no interest in reading about how someone became a sheep.
        Its not about becoming a sheep. Its about his struggle with a meth addiction and how he was set free from it. There is nothing in that book about following a bunch of rules and crap. Me thinks you should read it before speaking about it.

Im glad to see its still making the rounds here.

Comment

I will give the props to him for getting off meth. If he chose religion to help him out to be a better person, so be it.

Comment

I have some issues with how he has managed his life since finding God. But that's me. It's working for him.

If he was a sheep, he would have stayed in Korn.

I have much respect for this guy. Come on Zeegs, he got sober for his daughter. Are you really going to make fun of that? Meth is the devil.

Glad it's making the rounds too. It's an easy book to read and there is a sweet pic of Brian in it with an orange and black Bengal Charvel when he was a teenager. Sweet guitar.
            I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Ok im done with this book so someone PM me your address and I'll send it your way. Same rulz apply as stated by Joe.

Thanks,
              Dave

Comment

I'd apply, but I don't wanna fuck you guys over on shipping charges.

I'm gonna try and find it as an e-book!
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I'll take a turn...

PM sent.

Brian

Comment

not for me. I hate that band, and I have no respect for meth-heads, regardless if they get a clue and get clean from that shit.

this guy was a turd then and he's a turd now.
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by yard dawg View Post
                      There is nothing in that book about following a bunch of rules and crap.

Except tattooing J-E-S-U-S on your hand because god says touching yourself is bad.

I met the guy back in the day. He was an asshole then and hell always be an asshole as far as im concerned, why? Hes from Bakersfield.

P.S. Deftones are superior to korn in every way. Every. Way.
                      Last edited by airjamie; 05-08-2008, 12:14 AM.

Comment

To continue the tradition, I just finished reading it and I found it an interesting read. Whoever pm's me first gets it next. Just continue to pass it around.

Comment

pm sent
                          Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I have the book, and its available again..
                            very Interesting read........ youll Enjoy it....
                            First PM to me gets it next.
                            "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Oh No, Todd has it..the pages are prolly all stuck together.

..Why I don't know..

Bengal, meth isn't the devil..pussy is.
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X