Do you keep anything for your kids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you keep anything for your kids?

If you don't have kids yet, are you keeping something or do you have something to give them or something cool that you want to show them? If you already have kids, did you do something like this?

I wanted to keep yesterday's newspaper because the front page fully featured my fav. soccer team. Then after a second I realized I was thinking it would be cool to show it to my son in the future that's why I wanted to keep it

The thing is, considering I'm not even married, supposing I'll have a son and he will also be a fan of the same team is kinda stupid But I'm keeping it anyway!
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post

Personally, I think it's good that you're thinking like that.

The thing is, considering I'm not even married, supposing I'll have a son and he will also be a fan of the same team is kinda stupid But I'm keeping it anyway!
    My daughter (she's 4) is a Bronco fan thus far because of me and my brother. She recognizes their logo and normally will watch the games with me when I have her and there's a game on.

Oh and no crap about how poorly the Broncos have been doing the last couple of years!

Comment

I always do this..Vinny has a nice coin, hot wheels, and music collection. His name was Vinny and had a new mini-Strat years before he was born.

He has quite a few things for him to remember me by..including news articles, misc. police stuff, guitars/gear..my Cobra. He's all I have to carry my torch..I put alot of things away for him.

We collect the state quarters..that I started when he was little. Oh, and I still have the original 1978 Van Halen record and belt buckle that I bought when I was his age..13.

He also listens to cassette tapes of me when I was younger than him..he loves that. He can't believe that goofy kid on tape is his dad.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I have some Spider-Man and other comics set aside for my boy. A couple of collector Barbies for my daughter. All mint and sealed. They`ll get them when they`re older. They should be worth a few $$$ by then. My mother kept all of mine and my brothers toys and when my kids go there it`s a fucking jackpot for them. All the lego, G.I. Joes, Star Wars, Playmobil, etc that we had as kids.
        THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Yes, Nuclear Vampire just reminded me..I have my old Creepy/Eerie/Vampirilla horror comics..from 1970 thru 1976!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah cool Once my boys are old enough and if they don't end up playing another instrument if any at all - I have both my Fusion Pro's and my 1977 Strat.. Umm.. That will leave me with only my acoustic!
            Maybe I need a re-think..... or possibly even more guitars!!!
            Last edited by Magou; 03-06-2008, 10:06 AM.

Comment

I don't. Well, I have something that my oldest wants but he's not getting them. He wants all my original Star Wars toys from the 70's. I'm sure I'll give them to him someday but not now. He's only 9.

I find that the older they get, the more uncool I am. That surprises me a bit because I always thought I'd be the cool Dad. Well, I am, but only to his friends. His friends love me to death. But to him, I'm getting pretty uncool. At least he still listens to Children Of Bodom, that's my influence.

My guitars will go to him and his brother some day. Neither show any interest in guitar but I'm sure it's one of the things they will remember me for so they must have them. All except one, I'm going to be cremated with one. Who says you can't take it with you?

I'll let them fight over my Gold Album. Hopefully it will go Platinum on their next cycle so then they can fight over who gets Gold and who gets Platinum.
              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire View Post
                I have some Spider-Man and other comics set aside for my boy. A couple of collector Barbies for my daughter. All mint and sealed. They`ll get them when they`re older. They should be worth a few $$$ by then. My mother kept all of mine and my brothers toys and when my kids go there it`s a fucking jackpot for them. All the lego, G.I. Joes, Star Wars, Playmobil, etc that we had as kids.
                My mom did this and gave me all my brothers original Transformers and Star Wars. I loved that stuff!

Comment

Yes, I keep my life insurance premiums paid.
                  "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post

Yes, I keep my life insurance premiums paid.
                    :ROTF: - you beat me to it!

Funny thing is, I had my 1st son's room all decorated in 49er stuff...so he humored me by liking them until he got to grammar school...then he flipped to being a Chargers fan once the razzing began...

I still have all my records from high school, CDs, guitars, baseball cards etc., but I have a feeling they're all going to someone else in an estate sale when I kick...
                    Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

I have saved a LOT of comics for my kid. But lately I'm having second thoughts because she's on a tearing-up spree. :ROTF:
                      Sam

Comment

Bengal..dude, you completely described me and my kid to a T..including the COB part!!!

Comment

My son's friends come over even when he's not home.A lot of them just want to talk.I don't mind,my dad was never home when I was a kid and I swore I would be different.My son will get all my stuff and gear someday but he is already trying to find out what some of it is worth on Ebay..................
                          Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Working...
                          X