Insomniacs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insomniacs...

Are there any insomniac JCF brethren out there? How does it feel to be awake all night? Must be great to have all the time and peace in the world to practice...or is the suffering not just worth it?

I hate sleeping to be honest. I do it just because my body needs it or else I might as well be awake the whole freakin day...if I sleep less, I'm very active the following day...my mind is racing ahead of me and I'm solving more problems...but nowadays my kid drains-up all my energy and I find myself sleeping more hours than I used to.
    Sam

I hardly ever sleep. I don't practice guitar any more because of it though, instead I branch out and do more random stuff.

Right now I'm learning singing, violin, French, among other things.

Comment

You could do like Kramer did and only sleep for 4 hours at a time. But that didn't work out too well for him in that episode.

I'm not a huge fan of sleep either. Never have been. It sucked when I was a kid because I'd be up at 8am on Saturday morning but would have to wait til Noon until my friends got up to do stuff.

"Sleep. Those little slices of death. How I loathe them."
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

It's 6am in the morning here, almost made it through yet another night.

Let me tell you it's NOT a blessing, after the umpteenth night of utter boredom you've either got the choice between going out drinking, laying in bed worrying about random stuff or blowing your goddamn brains out.

I used to be a 'vampire' but it's turned into full blown insomnia for some reason.
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I don't think I'm full-blown insomniac, but I certainly don't sleep enough. Lately, it's been difficult to get to sleep before 1.30am, and I have to be up at 5.00am to get ready for work. Fortunately I can usually grab another hour on my commute to work. It'd be okay if I was being productive during all those waking hours, but I spend so much time thinking about what I could be doing, if I'd only drag my tired ass off the couch. But that's okay, I still have plenty of time before bed, so I'll keep putting everything off. So I'll finally pick up a guitar around 11.30, but play it half-heartedly because I'm so tired, until around 12-12.30 when I head back to the couch to flick around the world in case anything really cool is on tv that I just HAVE to see before heading to bed. So I might sit there for another hour or two before I finally head off. If I'm lucky, the next morning I won't sleep in and I'll have more than 5 minutes to get my shit together and out the door to catch my 2 (lately nearly 3) hour bus ride to Brisbane. Good times. **yawn**
          Hail yesterday

Comment

I've had Cronic Insomnia since I was a child around 5, or 6 is when my Mom found out I have slept an average or 3-4 hours a day , with the random 3-4 day no sleep binge every now & then a week with no sleep. it's not a blessing or a way to get more out of your 24 hours . it sucks theres the odd hours when nothings open & nothing to do! Everyone you know is sleeping ! I'm gonna be 37 in May I have only slept more than 8 or more hours less than 10 times in my entire life. Sleep enjoy it when you can, you might not think so but it's a small luxury. For those of you who might get 2-4 hours to yourself a day at most yeah having an extra 10 hours sounds great. This is the main reason I work in strip clubs they're open till 5 am I get home by 6 am I sleep & am up & ready before noon every day. Funny part is I've been on dayshift for 6 months so I work from 3-11pm so I get home by 12 & I'm up till 6 or 7 am anyway.
            So I play alot of guitar , & World of Warcraft!
            According To The Prophecy

Comment

hmm...insomnia is not a blessing after all...I never doubted it...but after listening to you guys...clears things up.

have you guys tried working out? I sleep much better and wake up refreshed the morning after.
              Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                hmm...insomnia is not a blessing after all...I never doubted it...but after listening to you guys...clears things up.

have you guys tried working out? I sleep much better and wake up refreshed the morning after.
                I work out, it helps a little but college just throws me off the wagon again.
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I used to work shiftwork before I trashed my neck.So I am used to being up all night.But since the injury,I can't lay down in the bed very long because it starts to hurt.So I eventually pass out sitting in the recliner at 5 or 6 in the morning.But then I am up at 8 with the kids....I do enjoy the peace and quiet...............
                  Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

I haven't tried working out, but I am going to try it soon as I've gained 15 lbs (all fat...) since the summer.

Comment

about 4 am now.

Comment

in where? Eastern Canada?
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post

I sleep 2-5 hours a day. Sometimes i just can't sleep no matter what. My record is 67 hours without sleep. I don't like it. I will never like it. I dont know hot it happened to me but believe me it is no blessing.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake S. View Post
                            I've had Cronic Insomnia since I was a child around 5, or 6 is when my Mom found out I have slept an average or 3-4 hours a day , with the random 3-4 day no sleep binge every now & then a week with no sleep. it's not a blessing or a way to get more out of your 24 hours . it sucks theres the odd hours when nothings open & nothing to do! Everyone you know is sleeping ! I'm gonna be 37 in May I have only slept more than 8 or more hours less than 10 times in my entire life. Sleep enjoy it when you can, you might not think so but it's a small luxury. For those of you who might get 2-4 hours to yourself a day at most yeah having an extra 10 hours sounds great. This is the main reason I work in strip clubs they're open till 5 am I get home by 6 am I sleep & am up & ready before noon every day. Funny part is I've been on dayshift for 6 months so I work from 3-11pm so I get home by 12 & I'm up till 6 or 7 am anyway.
                            So I play alot of guitar , & World of Warcraft!
                            Wow I'm not alone..I had this most of my life, and always will

I take my xannax to go to bed..it helps most of the time. But I can not sleep without it. I liked Ambien 10's..but I would trip balls on those..not always in a good way
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Destructin, & Billz it's simple you brain produces a natural Chemical called Melatonin, I know in my case I don't produce any, Zero. This is the chemical that releases in your brain that tells your body go to sleep you need rest now. Most insomniacs either produce very little to none at all. Other causes are really super high Metabalizms , thus why kids are so hyper as children but usually can burn off all that energy. when your older from early 20's & on if your Metabolic rate is still High it can mess with your sleeping patterns aswell. To much energy not enough burn & so on. Destructin for the record My longest time awake & I thought I was gonna go insane 2 days shy of 3 weeks. I checked my self into the emergency room the put me to sleep for 5 days .
                              This is a medical condition & trust me theres nothing fun about it. I went to sleep around 6 am East cost US time it's now 9:47 am & I'm fully rested.
                              I take natural Melatonin-1, every day 15 mg's just to get my 3-4 hours of sleep.
                              According To The Prophecy

Comment

Working...
                              X