Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Bebop - NEW SHRED Shakeel and Bosch

Hello mighty frogs

Me and Bosch recorded a track called Summer Bebop (H)
    Recorded trough msn using msn and cakewalk !

Some hardpipe details you might wanna know :
    - Bosch @ 2:40 secs : 5150 clean channel / crunch button gain=10
    - some double tracked guitars
    - @ 1.45 Shakeel finally managed to record some major sweeps he had trouble with [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Hey Jules do you know how they call Shredders in Holland? No man tell me.
    ''a Royal with Speed''

Here is the file:

http://onlinerock.com/musicians/shak...bosch_2003.mp3

Or check http://members.lycos.nl/shakeel2001

Pretty please with sugar on top tell me what you guys think of this wierd mp3

Thanks in advance,

Shakeel & Bosch

Re: Summer Bebop - NEW SHRED Shakeel and Bosch

I think it sounds great. Some parts are really "Vai-ish" (or was it "Satch-ish", don't really remember), which I think is cool. The sweeping was also great. Keep up the good work

Comment

Thanks dude !! i really appreciate you taking the time to listen to my mp3 ~!

I was expecting more replies than this, because everyone liked words vids and this is that kind a style to.. even more sweeps, speed picking etc.

Comment

yeahh dude with the brutal treble tone had some vai going on down.good playing by both there
        was that backing a loop?

Comment

Hey thanks man ! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Yeah the backing was a loop.

Comment

that was KILLER!! I want to hear some more of that!

Comment

Shakeel: Nice work man... I always enjoy your stuff and I appreciate the fact that you compose it all yourself.

Now the constructive BS (if you care):

1) The levels throughout the recording are not consistent. This is easy to fix as you know

2) The backing tracks get lost in the background, making your song sound empty...

3) You could make a better, shorter soing if you chose the best parts of this mp3... some of it is a bit repetitive.

4) Don't get traumatized over word's work, you guys are just different. Also, you will get more replies if you post videos... that's just marketing.

Comment

dont post videos.....dont sell out [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

awsome stuff as usual dude

Comment

Wow [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

Larry, rodrigo, zeno and ironhead THANKS! !!!

@rodrigo im not traumatized by word i admire the kid [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

as for the parts that i repeated - i did that on purpose to give it a more theme, solo, theme feel

''The levels throughout the recording are not consistent. This is easy to fix as you know'''

I TOTALLY agree with that, i record with cool edit pro got any tips?

Thanks again guys [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Shakeel

Comment

****ing awesome dude, excellent job, keep it up. Im sure you'll make it into the conservatorium ay.
                      Cheers

Comment

Hhehe thanks dude !!

hey i didn't make it to the cons...

The audition:
                        I played The attitude song ( vai ) die to live (vai) and 2 of my own songs..

According to the jury i was to shred/solo orientated, i had to be more pop/mainstream music like... WELL FU-K THEM [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                        a guy that played a couple of simple chords did make it..

Comment

You play some cool things Shakeel, it's obvious you have ability and talent so don't let auditions get you down. If you don't mind me saying so.. some guys want a player to walk in and give them a certain sound. If you want the gig, you have to either conform to a sideman or lay back. Even then... image plays a part, you may not get a gig cause you don't fit in a look they want as well. Sometimes that sucks.
                          You should scope gigs that are in line with your interests/ideology, or maybe start your own...

It's interesting to hear how people interpet musical ideas in this forum.
                          This was very Vai'ish for sure.

[ July 18, 2003, 08:34 AM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

Hey thanks dude, yeah maybe i should start my own [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

''The levels throughout the recording are not consistent. This is easy to fix as you know'''

I TOTALLY agree with that, i record with cool edit pro got any tips?

Shakeel
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Shak, I use Guitar Tracks 2.0 and I love it. Send me an e-mail to talk about this:

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X