I Am Legend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Am Legend.

Well, I watched this movie last night, and was really expecting something special. Will Smith tends to have a knack for picking scripts that result in decent movies, if not great movies. The premise was good, but I felt let down. It was very short (90 minutes) and just didn't seem to go anywhere significant. The end was just too quick, and predictable. It's really a shame because it had potential, but was just a big build up to a whole lot of nothing.

Anyone else see it? What did you think?
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Oh yeah, I also saw American Gangster, starring Denzel Washington, the black version of Kevin Costner. I don't have much to say about it. I understand it was loosely based on real events. It was far too long, somewhat boring, and on the whole, pretty forgettable. It certainly wasn't worth the 3 hour commitment. Russell Crowe is a silly twat, and can't do an American accent to say his life.

Comment

I saw it and liked it. Of course the ending had a lot of loop holes in it and was way to easy.

What I think would have been a cool flick, and yes I know it's based on a book. Would have been the story of what happened from the newscast in the beginning to the time of when we 1st see him.

The decline of everything if you will.
      Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

I liked it. I thought Smith did a great job seeing as he's about the only guy in it for a while. I thought his performance was very believeable. I really liked the "I was saving that bacon" scene because that's how it would exactly play out.

I do agree that it was a bit short. I could have done with at least 120 minutes, if not more.
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I liked it a lot also, I dig movies based on future events

Will Smith's Pursuit of Happyness is one of my all time fav. movies and his acting on that one was really good, I am Legend is a step up for his acting in which he did a great job imo

I liked the mentioning of Bob Marley in the movie and how he was not an unreal super hero. The ending was just ok but the movie as a whole was really enjoyable..
          Check my bands!
          www.myspace.com/magicktr
          www.myspace.com/sinif64
          www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

i liked it until his dog died on his birthday, which is exactly what had happened to me a few months prior. granted, not in that manner, but still not what i was expecting. it really killed the movie for me.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Premise is good. Began well, dragged in the middle, ended terribly= bad movie.

Sometimes Will Smith annoys the piss out of me. This was not one of those times. There have just been too many decent zombie/plague movies recently that made I Am Legend stand out as simply mediocre.

Comment

It's at the dollar theater; I'll see it next week!

Surely it's worth a buck?
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I liked it. I really liked that they didn't feel the need to show you everything, that things would happen just off camera, or weren't completely explained so that you could put two-and-two together yourself. It didn't feel unfinished, but more that they gave the audience credit for having some intelligence.

I felt a bit let down by the ending, figuring there was still a good 20 minutes left in the movie. But upon reflection, I really enjoyed the whole movie. It'll be interesting if it comes out on dvd with a director's cut which expands on the ending a bit.
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                    I liked it. I really liked that they didn't feel the need to show you everything, that things would happen just off camera, or weren't completely explained so that you could put two-and-two together yourself. It didn't feel unfinished, but more that they gave the audience credit for having some intelligence.

I felt a bit let down by the ending, figuring there was still a good 20 minutes left in the movie. But upon reflection, I really enjoyed the whole movie. It'll be interesting if it comes out on dvd with a director's cut which expands on the ending a bit.
                    You pretty much summed up how I felt about it too. I just don't think the end was worthy of such a good tense build-up. It almost felt like a B-movie ending.

Comment

I have that movie here. I haven't gotten around to watching it.
                      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire View Post
                        I have that movie here. I haven't gotten around to watching it.
                        *cough* illegal download.

Comment

I saw it and loved it.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
                            *cough* illegal download.

...mmmmmmmmmmmmaybe........
                            THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Haven't seen it, but my buddy (who is very much into movies) watched it in the cinema and felt very let down. He told me pretty much the same zeeg is saying.
                              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Working...
                              X